WANTED Schumacher /6 to 318 swap or V8 K frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
The yards around me don't have much in the way of that era Mopar. Only things with small blocks are trucks around here, which never used the spool mounts. Finding a very specific aftermarket spool mount on a very specific car at the yard is very much so a needle in a haystack ordeal. Lol. Not worth the 100 degree heat. I'll just keep my ear to the ground and keep digging. One will pop up.
What cars are you looking for?

Camtron

Reaction score
I’m in Chicago, but Wyatt is up in, Rockford. It’s a 2+ hour drive from me even. He’s actually who I picked up my 383 from. Guys got quite a few solid Dodge Polara wagons around (and others), was cool to see.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The Right side mount will work for either 273/318/340/360. The Left side mount is different.
There is no possible way to get a 340/360 Left mount to work on a 318.
The 318 mount will work on a 340/360 using about 1/4" (or so) of flat washers and possibly longer bolts.
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is for a 318 and if it uses the round style engine mount (~73 - 89 car, and not truck or van) then it is all the same mount. The only difference would be the Left side mount on a 340/360 engine.

/6 (offset) and big blocks (looks similar, but much taller) use different round mounts.
BudW

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
If it is for a 318 and if it uses the round style engine mount (~73 - 89 car, and not truck or van) then it is all the same mount. The only difference would be the Left side mount on a 340/360 engine.

/6 (offset) and big blocks (looks similar, but much taller) use different round mounts.
BudW
Got all that. Trying to find what car he's working on. I just happen to think of something. I got some solid Mopar K-frame mounts laying around somewhere.

Remow2112

Reaction score
Never really worried about if it was correct left side mount. We just used a nut larger around then the bolt and used it as a spacer. Now if you are trying to do a concourse resto, that is a different story. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back