Side Mount Battery-What a Joke

David Clark

Reaction score
It's Not automotive, but we have a Solar Panel and Wind Generator Setup with Batteries and we've got the El Cheapo 24N series Deep Cycle Batteries From Walmart (yeah I know) on our Battery Set, Only have 5 of them (I really need a LOT more) but we've had them for almost 8 yrs now and they still hold a constant 14.45 Volts on them when the Wind and Solar are kicking top Gear.

David Clark

Reaction score
We bought one of the 600 Watt Sunforce Wind Generators that was repackaged and sold under the Coleman Brand at Menards. Lasted about 5 yrs and then we got some pretty bad winds up here a couple weeks ago and it busted the crap out the swivel mount on it. Called up sunforce, sent them pictures of it and they told me my model had been discontinued and they would send me out one of the new models to replace it (this was about a week ago and still waiting on the replacement to get here from canada). I love Sunforce, their Customer Service is TOP NOTCH. Found one of the Blades on the Damaged Wind Generator almost a quarter mile way (that one was still intact), One blade still on the wind generator shattered and still no clue on the 3rd blade. Tail Fin Shattered all to hell too. Luckily everyone was inside when it happened and no one got hurt from Flying Debris LOL.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Interstate batteries are really funny; they are either really good, or really bad. I have unfortunately always had the really bad ones.
I've also had poor luck from Interstate, but slagging one right now.
BUT I had SUPER luck with 'Power Volt', got 14 yrs out of one before it died in the driveway.
But 'Power Volt' is a Interstate.

Back