Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
It's nothing radical. Just for a little extra bass. I've done more complex systems in the past. This system will have a Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 3.5 speakers in the dash, Memphis Audio 6.5 speakers in the doors, Eclipse 6x9 speakers in the back, Pioneer 12" sub and two Pioneer amps.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I’d rather have a spare tire in the trunk, but that might just be me.

I can see you have put some time into that project and it looks good.
BudW

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Since these tires don't have the tire pressure monitoring system I'm planning on having fix-a-flat and an air pump in the trunk just in case. Sort of how some the Challengers are equipped now.

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Still plugging away at finishing the trunk when time allows. Now I have the rough construction done. Need to still run the stereo wiring and find some trunk liner material.

DSCF0993.JPG
DSCF0994.JPG
DSCF0995.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a lot of nice, but hard and time consuming work.
Well done!

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Excellent fabrication work! Definitely out of my league. Well done!

Can we see the rest of the system?

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The sound system tested great! I finished reassembling the trunk this afternoon. I'm quite happy with the result.

360 mafia

Reaction score
Seeing the interior of your car brought back memories of when i was 16 and drove an old college professor around town on saturdays and after school.He had a 78 with same exact interior.I had to clean it every time i waited on him to finish bussiness.He didnt believe in idol hands.Thanks for the pics

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Had the shop evac the refrigerant and then I pulled the A/C stuff from the engine compartment. The hood, hinges and springs are removed. Unbolted everything on the inner fenders and firewall minus the brake booster and wiper motor. Hopefully get around to draining the radiator tonight and pull the rad and condenser.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Did so much of a cleanup job, the hood is now transparent!

Be sure to cap, plug or tape your A/C lines, ports and such. Things has a tendency to crawl into them causing havoc later on.

BudW

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Thanks Bud, already doing it. I have a large assortment of caps and plugs. Got around to pulling the rad,condenser and grille last night. Bag and tag as I go.

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Finally have the engine out. Started scraping off the sludge on the K member. I've been too busy working on other projects. I had to replace the front rotors on the Challenger and replace the rear shocks and fuel sending unit on the Aspen. Once I complete these others I can go full steam on this one.

engine1.jpg
engine2.jpg

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
I have the pulleys and brackets all cleaned up and painted now. The manifolds should be off this weekend.

engine3.jpg

engine4.jpg

Back