Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Installed new muffler and tail pipe.
muffler.jpg

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, the engine is completed now. It's installed and running. Next thing is to track down the small transmission leak.
volare 2.jpg

volare 1.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking great!

Is engine painted gold, silver and wrinkle black?
I can’t read the air cleaner. Did you make a sticker for it and what does it say, exactly?
BudW

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
The block is metallic copper, exhaust painted cast iron, intake painted aluminum, and valve cover and air cleaner is wrinkle finished. The decal I got off of eBay. It says "SLANT 225".

Justwondering

Reaction score
Okay -- we are all thinking it but I'll just come out and say it.

Love the Copper!
ANYTIME you want to do that to the Willys pickup, just let me know and I'll bring it to you.

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Thanks. There are some holes in the hood from a previous owner. They installed hood pins. I'm welding the holes up. After I get the hood, lower quarter section and bumper filler piece painted I'm moving on to my next project. A 1950 Chrysler Imperial.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread came back up... I love the car AND that you detailed that old 6 and reinstalled it.

I binge-watched some old Overhaulin episodes the other day and when I saw the engine going into a blue 57 Chevy was painted a kind of odd orange-ish color I thought Foose was losing it. Then, when it was all put together w the brass inner grille, fender "vents", Belair script and trunk "V" it all made sense! That's a long-winded way of me saying that I dig the copper color and admire your vision and out-of-the-box thinking...

Back