WANTED Single or set of M body Beauty rings or a set that will fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have three beauty rings on my fury that came off a junk yard diplomat. One flew off my dads car years ago and was never recovered. I'm not sure if the cheap ebay rings will stay on the car or if a single one would match the others so i want to know if anyone knows ones that fit

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Most beauty/trim rings that Chrysler used in the ‘60/70/80’s is the same, with a few exceptions:
- 14 and 15” wheels are different.
- Some are shiny (chrome) and others have the brushed look.
- The width of wheel can make a difference. What I do is take a trim ring off, and place on a flat surface. Then measure from base to top. Sticking a tape measure onto an existing wheel doesn’t work in most cases because wheel just doesn’t let the tape go in there very well.

Finding good used rings are getting hard to do.
If someone is repopping them, I wouldn’t be afraid to use them.
I can’t comment about the cheap eBay ones (no experience with them).

I have owned a few cars with brushed look on one side and chrome ones on other side – and I don’t think a single person has ever know any difference (except for myself).
BudW

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
yeah i have two on one side and one on the other. missing a single dog dish as well. i think i twisted one a little when taking it off. so when i do get my forth dog dish i'd like to have rings on all 4 wheels to. i just don't know which ones will stay on. I'm on 15 inch civilian wheels. i believe my current beauty rings are brushed look or they may just be dim out of old age. if you have one to space hit me up but i'm not really looking to pay more than $25

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no trim rings . . . period and hadn’t had any for decades. Sense the trim rings scratch the wheels I’ve grown to dislike them (but that is me).

The 15” trim ring and/or dog dish hubcaps (for 14 or 15" wheels) will fit either police/taxi wheels or regular (civilian) wheels. The dog dish hubcaps I do like – which happens to be the only one of two hubcaps I will ever use.

These hubcaps are what came original on this car.
20160611_105017.jpg

Not a good picture, though.

There are a lot of variations of the same hubcap made (at least 20)
This is one Dodge version:
iuVHP4PS1Wa.jpg

iu6KA1HEVE.jpg

This is a version I see more often on police/taxis. I have no idea if the holes are there for a reason or not. Maybe so people would tell an un-marked police car from a distance, maybe (me shrugs). I don’t care much for the holes because they collect bugs and dirt – but that is me.

I've also seen on the painted portion (blue arrow, above) dog dish hubcaps - are black, gray or no paint at all – even on the same car.

I have a couple of “driver quality” spare hubcaps that look like holed type above (but without holes) and possibly even a holed one somewhere (I hadn’t seen it for a few years, though) if that is what you are looking for. If interested, send me a PM and I can send picture(s).

It is interesting, I bought a brand-new set of four dog dish style hubcaps from Dodge in 1990, for about $10.00 (US) each. I put them away (still in the boxes), along with my 440 6-pack setup and a lot of other goodies, for future projects. All those items came up missing two days after I got divorced from a locked/still locked storage shed . . .

When it comes to wheels, everyone has their opinion and it is far from me to change that opinion (no one else shouldn’t even try). I you want trim rings – go for it. I would recommend going to forBbodiesonly.com or forCbodiesonly.com for (I think) you will be more likely to find them there (or sources for repops).

For the wagon, I will be replacing those 14" wheels with 15" police wheels (with same caps), after I find a decent set.
BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back