Sister needs a daily driver. Whattya think?

4speedjim

Reaction score
Yep Bud, the world engine is what came to mind. The 2.4l, and maybe 2.0l that mopar hyundia and one other company designed and used around 2000-2010. Was Nissan the 3rd? I'm sure as you said, there is others. And I think that's great. Whatever it takes to make a reliable car more affordable. The better is what I like. The cheaper and the better they make parts, the better it is for everyone. But I don't want one perfected choice across all the car lines. How boring would that be? Sharing ideas and work loads moves us all to a better place more efficiently..

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It will be like getting parts for a Plymouth, Pontiac, Saturn or an Olds.

4speedjim

Reaction score
We, well they, (the manufacturers) do share many parts and systems today. And that's across the board of all products and manufacturers. Its a world economy. Its almost killed us, the US. Hopefully our trade will start to balance out now. We have been the recipient of the worlds garbage for decades. Finally we are starting to deliver US goods abroad, even-ing tariffs, leveling the playing field. And that will only strengthen us as a country, and pull us back together so we can rebuild our once strong Nation...

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The Chrysler 3.6l engines are built in Michigan and (sigh) some in Mexico.
I have no idea where Hyundai or Kia makes their engines, at (nor do I care to).
I suspect they might have license to build the engines or transmissions – maybe.
BudW

Back