Slow-daze

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Man this place is busy, I can hardly get a word in edgewise! lol.
What's up with these days? Do I need to make an appointment? Hello? Anybody here? Helloooooooooo..........looooo....looo.
Listen, I need something to do, or else I get fat and lazy. Somebody, somewhere has got to be needing help on something! Ask me anything.
It doesn't have to be just car related; I know some Bible stuff too.
I can do plumbing, carpentry, and basic household electrical.
I'm no good a fixing TVs or other electronics.....
Should I tell you about the times Satan has tried to crawl inside me, and how I blasted his azz to outer darkness? Man that was the scariest,creepiest thing ever.
I give free marital advice too.Some is not so good tho.......
I can tell you how to beat addictions, gout, and arthritis,and hangovers.
Common, somebody cry HELP!.................... I double-dog dare Ya.
Page1
I fix motorcycles, quads, snowmobiles and small engines of all kinds.
I'm a pretty good hands-on guy. Can't say I'll be any good on the net. I love Bible stuff, but my head's a sponge for it, what I mean is I forget where I read it, and not sure I remember exactly what it said, and mostly it leaks out almost as fast as it goes in, so I have to keep going over it; over and over, and over. but after 20 years reading, some of it is starting to stick.
Page 2
So here's food for thought while we're waiting for the questions;
Or I could tell you about how to hang sheet-roc, install hardwood floors, cut down trees, babysit grandkids,and oh yeah BTW, I believe the earth is not what we have been taught. I can install shingles,and repair chimneys. I can tell you a few things to never say to your wife. And what never to say to your kids when they are too young to understand anything but where their next meal is coming from. I'm not very good with home air-conditioners. I blow stuff up in the microwave, and there is such a thing as eating too much popcorn. Too much cola will make your tongue taste really really lousy in the morning, and too much chillie will not go well in the bedroom; get used to flying solo.
Page 3
I have a head full of totally useless junk and here comes some more. Speed limit signs indicate the maximum speed. You can drive slower whenever you want to, no matter how much honking you have to put up with. Airplanes are not anti-gravity machines; gravity does not exist; come on you knew that didn't you. Blood has very special qualities. The life is in the blood. No-blood equals no life. My dad was an atheist. He said humans ran on electricity. When the electricity stopped, then we died. I loved my dad. But there were some things he didn't know and just made up stuff.I think we all do that from time to time. Rocks are heavy, steel is hard.And so is water when you hit it with speed. Even rubber is hard, especially when you hit your head on a tire cuz the hoist is a little low. People never look up! Why is that? Speaking of water; it has the unique property of expanding with temperatures higher than 0*C, AND ,expanding again below freezing. Cool eh. Freezing water has so much power,it can crumble concrete. Falling only hurts when you stop falling. Breaking a hip after age 70s will lead to a long slow death in a hospital; do NOT go to the hospital, people die there. Breathing paint fumes will not make you stupid, you are already stupid. But it won't do your IQ any good. Never say the word fat around your wife. If she says it you are in deep chit; there is no way to escape the solo routine. If you pretend you didn't hear it, your goose is cooked. If you make lite of it ,your goose is cooked. If you agree with her, your goose is soooooo cooked.If you acknowledge that you heard the word, but make light of it, You might as well hang yourself.And if you agree, or disagree, or play dead, it matters not a hoot, she will never forget it; you will be hearing about it until she loses a wheelbarrow full of pounds, and then you are the fat one. And she will never stop giving you grief about it, and if you protest, you guessed it, you're flying solo again.But take heart, sooner or later one of you will die, and it matters not which one, cuz either way you never have to dodge the fat-bullet again.
Ok I made all that stuff up, cuz the more I wrote, the funnier it seemed to me. I told you people make stuff up.....
How far is it to heaven?
Page4
Why does the hot water tank rupture at Christmas Dinner with all the family home? Why does the sewer back up on thanksgiving supper. Where did the giants on the earth before the flood come from? Where did they go? Why are there no giants here today? I'm not making this stuff up. Why does a cat flick her tail? A dog eat it's vomit. What was God thinking when he created skunks.When the wife calls, you better drop every thing and come a-running; or you'll be flying solo again.
page 5
How come:You never see birds flying, or fish swimming, upside down? What does it mean when it says Noah was perfect in all his generations? How tall was Og. How in the world could king Saul send little tiny shepherd boy David, out to meet Goliath? Saul himself was head and shoulders above his men, but he dresses up a little tiny boy to go nose to knee with a giant! That's the dumbest story I ever heard.Why do we believe the sun is 93,000,000 miles away from earth? How do light and heat have the power to travel 93,000,000 miles through the vacuum of space, yeah that's right, the vacuMe neither;so how come the shortest distance between two points is "as the crow flies"? Maybe as the cannon-ball flies.... Speaking of which, "within ear-shot", Who came up with that? What does that even mean? I mean I understand how the phrase is used, and the intent, but what is an ear-shot? I know what is a flu-shot, a shot in the arm,a shot in the dark, a shot of Drambue, a rifle-shot, a shotty nose, and who shot the sherrif; but I know naught about ear-shot. When the wife asks how I like her hair, she is referring to the hair on her head, and you better have an answer ready. In fact you should have a lot of answers made up and ready, or you will be boarding the solo-train..................again. No means no, and after age 50 there are a lotta nos. After age 60 they're almost all nos. In 7 years I'll be 70, I can see the handwriting on the wall; invest in the tracks, cuz the solo-train stops here on a pretty regular schedule now.
page 6

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
You need a hobby, like cars. lol!

Here's one to give you some more to think about and try to wrap your head around.
Space goes on forever, it has no end. You could travel at the speed of light for a trillion trillion trillion years and go that long again and still be in space..................Just to reach the nearest star other than our sun would take 4 years at the speed of light.

How many stars we see in the night sky no longer exist? If it took 10,000,000 years for the light to get here, the star might have exploded 9,999,000 years ago.............
There's billions of stars in a galaxy and there's billions of galaxies in the universe. Who's to say there aren't billions of universes?

Out of those billions of stars in the billions of galaxies, how many have a solar system with planets that contain life? Of those, how many have what we would call intelligent life? There's probably millions or even billions of planets like that. There just has to be.
How does gravity work? Why do we all not just go flying away from centrifugal force? It isn't from the magnetic field because Mars has no magnetic field yet still has gravity.

I could on with things like that for pages but won't put you through the misery.

A brief look into what my mind ponders. Scary, ain't it? lol

P.S. All car sites get slow in the winter it seems. Aspen and Volare is slow and the one other car site I'm on is even slower than that. Basically it's almost a ghost town.

Last edited:

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
I for one have Zero faith in that scenario. I mean go outside at night with a flashlite, and see how far it shines. Yeah I have heard/read every argument there is about that comparo, people regurgitating what someone else taught them. You will never convince me that the stars are anything but a few thousand miles away from us.
But then I believe in a Creator-God who sent his Son to seek and save the lost. I have citizenship in the New Kingdom. I am just an foreigner and a sojourner, here for a short time, my hour of testing. Soon I will go to my proper home. See,that's what I believe. Deep space and light years mean nothing to me. I abandoned most of the storys I was taught in my younger life. They offered me no hope, no joy,no peace, no love. They were empty,and hollow, without form or substance. I once scoffed at Bible stories, spoke ill of God, Did as I pleased, pleased myself.
Those days are gone now..............and I don't miss 'em one bit.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We seem to be exact opposites, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I am not religious, not even a tiny bit. That's all I'll say about that because there's a few things a person should never discuss, especially with people they don't know and one of them is religion. It never ends good. Same as discussing politics, BAD IDEA.
Safest way is to say we agree to disagree.:cool:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
We seem to be exact opposites, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I am not religious, not even a tiny bit. That's all I'll say about that because there's a few things a person should never discuss, especially with people they don't know and one of them is religion. It never ends good. Same as discussing politics, BAD IDEA.
Safest way is to say we agree to disagree.:cool:
I absolutely agree, and very well put Aspen500. I cringe everytime either religion or politics comes up here, because it is sure to create tension, even if it is not written. I come to this site for a much needed escape, to relax and dream about being able to work on my Aspen wagon, even if I don't have much time to do it. There are plenty of sites and other venues for discussion of religion and politics, please, lets all keep it out of the FMJ site. I do not mean this disrespectfully, but just as a reminder, that not everybody thinks the same way about everything, which is fine, but the common thread here is FMJ's, and it is best if it remains that way. ;)

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
I'm not sorry I muddied your path to Destruction. I'm just planting seeds.
Page 6
See, if just one of you softens your heart, to the Word of God, just one; That would make both of us winners. I want to be a winner. Don't you? Doesn't everybody? I mean that's rather simplistic, but God is not willing that any should suffer in their bodies for the sins they committed. He offers forgiveness and escape from the Lake of Fire. That lake was not meant for humans, but for Fallen Angels and Demons. If you have seen a Demon or been attacked by one, or saw the hate in them, or know someone who has been attacked, then you would know why God created that lake, and the path to it. If you recognize hate and demonic activity, or, heaven forbid you worship the father of them all, then you must know that EVIL exists. And if EVIL exists then so must good. The prince of EVIL has a name and it is Satan. The king of forgiveness and salvation has a name and it is Yeshua. Today I sow a seed in your minds. I'm sure you have heard of this King. Now I urge you, repent of your apostasy and begin the climb on the stairway to heaven; tomorrow may be too late.
Oh AJ you say, such a doom and gloomer.There is lot's of time. To which I answer,Noah preached a hundred years and then the Flood came. And only 8 people escaped. Only eight. MILLIONS and MILLIONS drowned. Millions. Their hearts were hardned, they were content in their ways, marrying and giving in marriage. But some of them were mixing species;playing creator, creating new creatures.And God sent the Flood and wiped them all out. All but righteous Noah, and his family. Friends, man is again mixing the species, playing creator. It is written, as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming at the Son of Man. Jesus is coming. He is returning for his Bride. And the Bride is not the Protestant Church, nor The RCs, nor any specific "church". Friends, he is coming for those who obey the commandments of God and who have their sins covered by the Blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. When he comes all the rest will be flooded again, this time with DIVINE FIRE. Then the Judgement, Then His earth will be deconstructed to prepare a new home for the Bride of Christ. And finally God Himself, the creator of all that is was or ever will be, shall descend with his New Jerusalem capitol city, and so shall he ever more dwell among us. Friends this was ordained at the beginning of all. You have freewill. You can choose to suffer the sins you committed, in your body, whatever that means. You can choose to be tormented by gleeful demons for your allotted time. You can choose the Lake of Fire,to be burned up and never more be remembered.That is your freewill.
As for me, I choose the stairway to heaven.
I urge you to reconsider your freewill choice.
You may not have as much time as you think, and the longer you wait, the less time you have to build treasures in heaven. What treasures? And chief among those is to LOVE SOMEBODY. First to love Him and then to love your family and then to love your neighbor. He says LOVE covers a multitude of sin. God keeps BOOKS. One of them is called the Book of Life. When you are created in your mother's womb, God creates a space in the Book. The moment you receive your name, it is written in the Book. Somewhere between that moment, and the moment you die, your name will be blotted out of that book, unless you freewill choose to receive the GOOD NEWs of the saving Blood of Yeshua. If your name is blotted out, you are reserved to judgement, the suffering, and the Lake of Fire.
But if you freewill choose Yeshua, your name stays in the book. So you see that God has you reserved for the Kingdom from the moment you are conceived. It is you who freewill refuse the offer.
Back to treasures. Friends, God keeps a second book. In it are itemized all your works and deeds. On judgement day, when you are kneeling before God, that book will be opened. Fire will go through it and burn up a portion of the words. If you have chosen the Lake of Fire, then all the good stuff will be burned up, leaving the bad, and you will have to suffer in your body for that wicked behavior, before being destroyed forever. But if you have chosen Salvation, then all the bad will be burned up, leaving only the good. The good does not get you into the New Kingdom,the Book of Life does.That little tiny decision for God gets you in. Now then, you will be judged according to the good you have done. Did you feed the hungry, offer water to the thirsty,clothe the naked, help the widows and orphans in their times of need? Did you preach to anyone, Did you take care of family first, those who were created from your seed? These are the treasures. These get you a special crown. Friends, the church does not teach this, you will not hear it in your Sunday-morning, feel-good, let-s all-hold-hands-and-sing, CLUB. There will be very few names in that Book of Life

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
PFFFF, I kicked Gods ass at WrestleMania 2 and got the pinfall.
I even won a handicap match v/s God and The Big Bastard on Saturday Night Main Event.

How come all powerful beings can't come up with cash?

Science flies man to the moon.
Religion flies planes into buildings.

What are you going to do when you die and meet Thor?

Since there are so many gods, is there like a God Club where all the gods hang out.

Why isn't god on Facebook or Twitter?
Get those commandments out to the young folks instead of carving in on a rock.
Think a god would be smart enough to come up with paper.
religion dark ages2.gif

Last edited:

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
Well, salvation is offered to everyone. And you have freewill to refuse it.
However; there are some predestined to salvation, and there
are some predestined to destruction, and then
there is everyone else, who has to make a decision for themselves. I know how hard it was for me at age 40, to make that decision.But I'm never going back to my old life, this one is soooo much better.
You cannot hurt me with your retaliation. Your attitude also does not preclude that you will never freewill choose God. But one day very soon, every knee will bow to him, and I am willing to bet that you are not stronger than God. On that day there will be no second chances, your path from that moment on has been foreordained.Those against God to destruction, and those for God to everlasting life. Can you imagine? ; no more death, no more satan, no more demons, no more crying, no more tears. Can you imagine a place where there is only love.
There will be farming, and animal husbandry, and winemaking, and many other things too. There will be no more war, no more violence. No monetary system. No more sickness, nor disease. It is written that the lion will chew grass like the ox. Imagine that going on for eternity. Imagine, God himself sitting on his throne in his fabulous capital city, that has streets paved with Gold! Imagine the 12 foundations of very beautiful and precious gemstones, some of which we have never heard of.Imagine a very pure stream of water, issueing from underneath the throne.
Imagine celebrating God's Holy feast days several times a year. Imagine talking face to face with Yeshua.
God's Holy City is described to be the equivalent of 1500 miles long, 1500 miles wide, and just as high! Imagine that if you can. Try to imagine why so high. The Bible does not say this, but I imagine it to be a pyramid. God Himself will be the light of that city. I wonder if the walls can contain His light. It is written that God will give us a New Heaven, and a New Earth, And a New sun, and a New moon. That all the mountains will be "fled away" and all the "seas removed". That just leaves a Flat Earth, the way I imagine it. If the earth remains relatively the same size as it is today, that would make a 1500 mile high pyramid with light streaming out of it, visible probably everywhere on the face of it. Try to imagine that.
Why would you not freewill choose such a wonder?
Why would you forfeit everlasting life?
Forfeit unending love?
There are only a few reasons.
1) you are one of those predestined to destruction, and nothing anyone can say to you will entice you,because you absolutely hate God,or
2) God Himself, has hardened your heart, to make it very difficult for you, to see past your present situation,or
3) you have purposed in your heart to reject Him, at all cost, or
4) you have been,like I was, from childhood on, been deceived. Deceived by school doctrine, church doctrine, government doctrine, and science doctrine.
This last one is very, no, extremely difficult to get around. It took me 22 years, to accept that my very core beliefs were founded on lies. Many,many,lies.How could my teachers have lied to me, my parents, my friends, my government, my Priests, and Science. Oh,baby, especially Science. Science is supposed to be a foundation, a pillar. immutably correct in all things,right? Well, a long time ago,in it's infancy, perhaps it was. But, I wondered when it went wrong. Not if. I had to believe it truly went wrong sometime. What deceptions had I taken for truths? And that opened up a whole new world for me. But it still took two more years of semi-intense study to come to where I am today.
Listen,if you are in category 4, there is still hope for you. Don't let it take 22 years for you to change your mind, I doubt there is that much time left.There may not even be 2,before the chit hits the fan. Close your mouth, open your heart,invite wisdom.
Listen, it's been over 2000 years since the Son of Man first came. Look how your calander celebrates the event. So momentous that we count time from His death. And every year we have celebrations in memory of Him. Throughout history from that time HUGE churchs were constructed in his honor. Why, do you imagine this is so? Think about it! Use the noodle God gave you! Question everything. You are a product of every thing you ever learned and everything you ever experienced. That is what makes you unique. If your foundation is on errors,who are you? Really WHO are you? Who ARE you? Who are YOU?
As a category 4 man, it is written that you are created in the image and likeness of God. Go look in a mirror.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Ever hear of the 4th turning? ...... it's a theory that everything cycles in about a human lifetime .. 80-120 yrs or there about ... look into it, and you'll see that in my opinion we are at the end of the unraveling or beginning of the era of crisis .. here is an excerpt that I copy-n-pasted ... I've only dabbled in it and find it hard to explain it in words ... but it'll help make sense of today's world, again IMHO

"First came the postwar High, then the Awakening of the '60s and '70s, and now the Unraveling. This audacious and provocative book tells us what to expect just beyond the start of the next century. Are you ready for the Fourth Turning?

Strauss and Howe will change the way you see the world--and your place in it. In The Fourth Turning, they apply their generational theories to the cycles of history and locate America in the middle of an unraveling period, on the brink of a crisis. How you prepare for this crisis--the Fourth Turning--is intimately connected to the mood and attitude of your particular generation. Are you one of the can-do "GI generation," who triumphed in the last crisis? Do you belong to the mediating "Silent Majority," who enjoyed the 1950s High? Do you fall into the "awakened" Boomer category of the 1970s and 1980s, or are you a Gen-Xer struggling to adapt to our splintering world? Whatever your stage of life, The Fourth Turning offers bold predictions about how all of us can prepare, individually and collectively, for America's next rendezvous with destiny."

...from The Fourth Turning (Chapter 1)

It has to do with your place in this world and how world events while growing up and growing old affects our attitudes ... like I say .. hard to put into words. As the last of the WWII heroes die off we'll be left with no memory of the destruction and horrors of war and be ripe for another mostly b/c our leaders will have never experienced war. I could go on forever about it and never make sense or a dent in the scope of it ..

btw ... they've also taken this all the way back to the beginning of A.D. and found startling evidence everywhere. I can't find those references but I know I've read it.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
You need a hobby, like cars. lol!

..................Just to reach the nearest star other than our sun would take 4 years at the speed of light........

How many stars we see in the night sky no longer exist? If it took 10,000,000 years for the light to get here, the star might have exploded 9,999,000 years ago.............
There's billions of stars in a galaxy and there's billions of galaxies in the universe. Who's to say there aren't billions of universes?

Out of those billions of stars in the billions of galaxies, how many have a solar system with planets that contain life? Of those, how many have what we would call intelligent life? There's probably millions or even billions of planets like that. There just has to be.

How does gravity work? Why do we all not just go flying away from centrifugal force? It isn't from the magnetic field because Mars has no magnetic field yet still has gravity.

I could on with things like that for pages but won't put you through the misery.

A brief look into what my mind ponders. Scary, ain't it? lol

P.S. All car sites get slow in the winter it seems. Aspen and Volare is slow and the one other car site I'm on is even slower than that. Basically it's almost a ghost town.

There is an outside possibility that faster then light speeds can be achieved. The basic mechanism is called quantum entanglement. THe Chinese just put up a satellite to prove/disprove the theory. If, and it is by no means proven yet, it does prove out, it will open an amazing array of possibilities. BTW, it seems to also allow that the speed of light is still the absolute limit of speed.

There are apps even on Android and iPhone (Exoplanet being one) that have hundred to planets that are orbiting distant suns. Some of them may harbor intelligent life (I sort of wonder if Earth does, sometimes when I see how some paople behave).

Gravity is the product of sub atomic particles called gravitons. They ware still trying to figure out exactly how they work. If they ever do figure it out, we could control gravity.

Almost all non-"social" websites slow down at this time of the year. It may be the post-Christmas recovery period, it may be some people being snowed in, it may be the winter blahs. The websites usually pick up after the March 1.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
See, that's the problem; we don't live as long as we once did, in the pre-flood world.
And that was also the undoing of the Israelites. After they took possession of the Promised Land, It was shortly after Joshua died, that things started to unravel for them. Soon, in Jeroboam's time I think, Those poor Israelites had all but forgotten how the mighty Angel of the Lord had gone out before them in battle, and mowed over those half-human Seven Tribes of Canaan; GIANTS. Go read all about it. They forgot all about the Pillar of Fire by night, and the Pillar of smoke by day. They forgot all about the covenant they had made with the GOD of Abraham, right there on Mt.Sinai, and renewed at the RiverJordan, which was a marriage covenant that God himself had thundered out to them. The Covenant came with Blessings and Cursings. It promised LIFE to the Faithful, and Death, disease and war, to the rebellious ones. They forgot all about the 40 years wandering in the desert, where God had supernaturally provided food and water for them. Their sandals never wore out and there were no feeble ones among them. When a census was taken,there was over 650,000men over the age of twenty, plus wives and children, and foreigners among them.God fed them, and watered them and kept them healthy. And they forgot all about that.
But it gets worse.
Not only did they forget their God, and their promise, and their covenant, but They did the one thing God told them not to do. He had told them not to even think about practicing the religeon of the tribes they had just conquered. See those giants were sacrificing babies to their god Molech, Passing them thru fire, ALIVE, and drinking the blood. And God wanted it stopped, and invited those stubborn Israelites to share in the Glory of wiping those giants out, that the neighboring nations would see the Majesty and Power of the God of the Israelites, and they would fear that God, and that they would not dare to make war on those Israelites. But the Israelites forgot.And they began to worship those foreign Gods. They were unfaithful to their God; the God of Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob.This opened the door to divorce. God's own law said that a man could not divorce his wife except if she was unfaithful. And so because the Israelites were unfaithful to Him and went after other gods, God-Almighty divorced them and sent other nations into Israel to conquer them and scatter them to the 4 corners of the earth. And they stayed scattered until 1948.
In the meantime God sent his Son Yeshua/Jesus to proclaim a New Covenant to them. And they flat-out rejected that Son of Man. So God then invited the Gentiles into the program. Gentiles is me and probably you. God then invited the Gentiles, which had previously been excluded, to share in the Bride Program. That's where we come in. Now we wait until the fullness of the Gentiles is come in. Then Yeshua/Jesus will return for us, his Bride.
Read all about it in the Greatest Love Story Ever Recorded, the Bible.

Last edited:

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
No.
But if you are referring to the ones on the 69 Barracudas;
I have those on my 69 -S. But it's out on the farm buried under snow. Ask me again in April, and I'll go look.
But IIRC they are nothing more than lengths of slotted metal alternately flipped over and interlaced.
But that is an A-body.
If you have a different car in mind, then still, no.
Sorry,
How's the wall coming?

Justwondering

Reaction score
The wall is still half done. Husband health issues and colder weather has delayed construction. Then i had to put down our favorite old dog.

Severe drought going on so we are down to 2400 gallons of water until it rains again. Gives me a chance to move water tanks closer to the house.

I figure I'll be back working the walls in about 15 days or so. As long as I have nights no cooler than 35 and the winds are from the south then I know the mortar won't freeze.

Back