Super stock brackets?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I use mine with the F body RR springs with that use the same box as the SS springs do. The caltracks with those springs are not as good as the calvert mono springs but still helped things a good bit.

2_6c9175b7c98bb42c2d9b17f5b24cd0d0..jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Bud ya ever notice that lil support strap on the body under where the front spring hanger mounts?

Coupes do not have them, one of my stealth mods is to make that strap out of flat stock ant mig it all the way from the frame to the outer body panel, that and backing plates on the hanger itself to spread the load.
Do you happen to have a photo of the support strap? I'm just curious what it looks like is all.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Yea, I will get one. I will get a better pic but it runs under the orange line, I used like either 3/4 or 1 inch wide flat stock just along the bottom lip. I use plates not but those are the load spreading brackets on the backside, I just had bar stock laying and used it.

You can see on the right side going up where I burned it in.

2_0bab18675f4374a92225e972cee40a53. - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
The wagon piece is in addition to what's there on a coupe? This is what my Aspen has. The hanger studs go through both pieces (two layers thick). Dang, starting to show it's age underneath.

DSC00688.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Your pic shows the useless flap on the one side I trim it down and fill it. Pic here is ugly but almost 35 years ago ugly and it shows no signs of flex or distortion so ugly worked. I might of used angle iron with one side cut way down as I think that is what I used for the rigid edge of the 45. And my thought pattern then was just burn it and make it all one.

DSC00688.JPG

DSC09076.JPG

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I got into the chassis book, Abody and SS springs are 22" from the center bolt on the leaf spring
Bbody 24"
Fbody 26
I could see replacing an Fbody spring with a Bbody spring using the SS spring hanger if you don't want or need SS springs.
Fbody rear springs are junk in my opinion, I pulled mine at 70k and the center of the front spring hanger was the only thing there, the black bushing was gone....

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
You can get f-body springs with a round spring eye and normal bushing. That's what I've got on my car (got them from Detroit Eaton). I agree with you on the oval bushing. I guess it's fine for a stock S6 or 318, not so much if the car has been horsepower and torque enhanced.

Mopars1

Reaction score
The F body spring front section is 4 inches longer than an A body and 2 inches longer than an E body. I tried to find the 4 inch longer front hangers to put on my car for caltracs off an A body and I could not find any. I ended up using the 2 inch longer front hanger with E body springs.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Between what AR sells and how simple it is to fab a set of boxes up I dont see why this is a hurdle to anyone.

Back