T top dippy?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
How many?

72_b7bb3fb23102c5b8cfecf80c05a53cad..jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Dad has an S Type with T's. For the 1980 model year I think only a few hundred Dips were made with T's. Really a rare option.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
thought i'd seen every dip advert. nice to see a new one. groovy and brown!

Duke5A

Reaction score
What is dad doing with his T-top Dippy?

Enjoying it. We do a lot of shows and cruises together. Dad's car is powered by a roller cammed 408 stroker, backed by a 518 and 9.25" rear with 3.90 gears. Frame ties, FF t-bars, cop sway bars, lots of other bits.

I did a build thread for my car last year. I should do another for his.

IMG_2296-L.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Yes, that would be great. Do you guys ever do the Woodward Dream Cruise?

Every year for the last ten or so. It's a religious pilgrimage at this point. Had a family wedding scheduled on the official today and I told them, "congratulations, sorry I have to miss it," heh. You ever make it up?

If I get a chance in the next couple nights here I'll post the build thread in the projects forum.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool stuff. Were they factory Mopar tops or Hurst? Many early T's from all car companies were.

A12rag

Reaction score
Well "factory" is a bit of a misnomer . . . pretty sure they had "Cars & Concepts" do them . . . American Sunroof supplied/did the sunroof cars . . .but you ordered the car from the factory that way - with T tops

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Pretty sure my Caravelle was same black in the grille . . . .
i'd love to find a black plymouth grille. most are grey but i like the way the black on the dodge looks but i don't want to put a dodge grille on my plymouth

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
and he wants way to much money for that thing!...
Oh??? How so?

Depending on the overall shape the car is in, so all the other stuff that's normally not visibile in a few photos, that may not actually be a bad price!

My coupe was torn down to literally just the shell and a full re-build was north of $20k CAD, that includes the engine, transmission and ever little nut and cilp. Point being: $14K may not be a bad start...

A12rag

Reaction score
I agree with you regarding the cost of what it takes to rebuild . . . however, what the actual market will bear for the car . . . . he has had it for sale for 6mths now (on and off), but no takers at his price - tops "might" be $10k ??? . . .

Back