T-tops and Three Pedals

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I found this Aspen a few days ago on CL 1978 DODGE ASPEN CLASSIC ANTIQUE
I contacted seller through email and asked for an email or text reply to a few questions. I got an unwanted phone call back with the seller leaving a message with vague, and evasive answers ("This car is Super Cool!" "A Rare find!" "Ready to Sell!), and wanting me to call him back. I got the distinct impression that the seller was a dealer. Maybe, maybe not. I sent another email asking more detailed questions and have not heard back. Car looks to have been repainted a lighter blue from original dark blue at some point, and seems like it might have rust issues on rear quarters, and left side of trunk lid at least. I asked twice about the frame rails and got NO answer. Humm. Not good communication. If interested (which I no longer am) be careful.
00Q0Q_aIhqwZnX38s_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

JohnRogers

Reaction score
I found this Aspen a few days ago on CL 1978 DODGE ASPEN CLASSIC ANTIQUE
I contacted seller through email and asked for an email or text reply to a few questions. I got an unwanted phone call back with the seller leaving a message with vague, and evasive answers ("This car is Super Cool!" "A Rare find!" "Ready to Sell!), and wanting me to call him back. I got the distinct impression that the seller was a dealer. Maybe, maybe not. I sent another email asking more detailed questions and have not heard back. Car looks to have been repainted a lighter blue from original dark blue at some point, and seems like it might have rust issues on rear quarters, and left side of trunk lid at least. I asked twice about the frame rails and got NO answer. Humm. Not good communication. If interested (which I no longer am) be careful.
View attachment 28717
Yeah this was not something that was going to work for me. Thanks for the word of caution.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The T top and vinyl top an odd combination.
I don't know how unusual, but I had a '78 Aspen SE T-top like this one, but it had a few more options on it. It did have the half vinyl roof though. I think it might have come standard on the Special Edition coupes with T-tops, but not sure.

Last edited:
Back