The FMJ Music Channel

brotherGood

Reaction score
Van Halen - "Unchained" - Oakland, CA 1981 [HIGHE…: http:/.be/LNzbhgwBJHU

I see you're Voodoo Queen (lets see who gets the reference), and raise you Unchained live. I wish they were this lively when I saw them in 08

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Van Halen - "Unchained" - Oakland, CA 1981 [HIGHE…: http:/.be/LNzbhgwBJHU

I see you're Voodoo Queen (lets see who gets the reference), and raise you Unchained live. I wish they were this lively when I saw them in 08

Just to rub it in......I saw them when they were touring the fair warning album. :toothy6:

By the way......link no work....

brotherGood

Reaction score
Voodoo Queen was the original version of Mean Street. I've got so many demos, unreleased, and rare VH stuff it's stupid. I've got them playing in auditoriums before their first album.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Voodoo Queen was the original version of Mean Street. I've got so many demos, unreleased, and rare VH stuff it's stupid. I've got them playing in auditoriums before their first album.

That's very cool!
That video in 81 you posted is THE tour I saw.
Identical show.....Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto.
Awesome show and no opening act.
Just the boys.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, that circles and stripes guitar is the next scheme I'm going to attempt. Down to the "See Ya Later" on the back. I know way too much about van halen..Lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
When I was 16 I had a 76 Marshall....just bought it.
I stayed up for 26 hours and learned the first Van Halen album. :tongue11:

brotherGood

Reaction score
Im starting to just sit down and listen to albums and do the same thing. I think that's why I've been listening to Avenged Sevenfold lately. I sat down and started listening to all of their stuff I had on my phone, and playing what I could pick out in drop D. Eventually, I'll have a guitar for darn near every tuning I play in. From standard to drop C.

Its funny, I told the kid that drums at church how I'd been playing some Sevenfold...and he keeps telling me we need to jam. Apparently, hes a fan too.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I saw Van Halen on their first tour.
Jamie Crying/Running with the Devil.

Have a bunch of promo stuff from their first album too.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
He played the role of the truck driver (Iceman?) in the Smokey and the Bandit movies. Good guitar player (I'm not a fan of the music, but he did know how to play).

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
You just have to know that Jerry Reed was a real good guitarist, if by no other way than that he could hang with Chet Atkins. Forgot about his only playing nylon string guitars. I didn't know he did the theme music, thanks for pointing that out.

I don't really like all the cowboy wanna-be's (god knows they're all over the place here in Calgary), but Jerry Reed came by his cowboy/southern states good ol boy credentials honestly, no posing there.

Kostas

Back