The FMJ Music Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
xfbodyX .... so this makes that sam elliott commercial with the moving mustache make so much more sense.

Jeeze I'm clueless.
Spending too much time coding and not enough time cruising the web. lol

JW

Camtron

Reaction score
“ Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time; For y'all have knocked her up. “

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Interesting thing about this theme song is that the original only had 6-8 people in it. They were all multi-Intrumentalists, and they got very creative in the studio to bring this about. I don't know if Ennio Morricone himself was in the studio or not, but whoever was in charge of this did an amazing job on the original. Sounds better here with a fuller orchestra, but the original was great, and is possibly the greatest theme song for a western movie of all time.

Also, the middle part of this theme song has been split off into its own and is called the "Ecstasy of Gold", also part of the same movie.

For a wider look at Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western music, see this:

Its long, but they are the orignal versions of the songs. Also, the female opera singer (Edda Dell'Orso) has an amazing voice, and is on a number of the songs.

P.S. For those who are familiar with early 1970s progressive rock, the song in the Ennio Morricone compilation called "For a Few Dollars More" is the basis for Babe Ruth's song "The Mexican".

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've probably watched that video 50 times over the past couple years, and never get tired of it. Excellent symphony doing a great song from one of my favorite movies.

Justwondering

Reaction score
From a really great movie .. Mr. Right...
I'm going to go make cookies,,,, too much nervous energy tonight... Later - JW

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Well, if you want Christmas music, try this:

Its the full album, and its a little bit faster paced than most Christmas music. Has a lot of classic Christmas tuned done in a different way.

Back