The FMJ Music Channel

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
thanks i seen that ,and couldn't change it time slot 11.30 in above album is one of my fav from back then

kkritsilas

Reaction score

kkritsilas

Reaction score
This particular line up was the quintessential Deep Purple. Ritchie Blackmore was the first Lord of Darkness in Rock music (sorry Ozzie, Page, etc.,) and was a great guitaris who isn't given the credit he deserves. Jon Lord pushing a Hammond through a Marshall stack, and then alternating lead parts with Blackmore on many songs, was an innovation not seen before. Perfect vocals from Gillan. Paice was a great drummer, but often left in the shadows of Moon and Bonham, and undeservedly so. Glover is solid as the rock of Gibraltar, and even though not recognized as much as some of the other band members, he makes a lot more of a contribution than just rhythm (see/hear the beginning of Space Truckin'). Great band that was at its best live.

Kostas

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
This particular line up was the quintessential Deep Purple. Ritchie Blackmore was the first Lord of Darkness in Rock music (sorry Ozzie, Page, etc.,) and was a great guitaris who isn't given the credit he deserves. Jon Lord pushing a Hammond through a Marshall stack, and then alternating lead parts with Blackmore on many songs, was an innovation not seen before. Perfect vocals from Gillan. Paice was a great drummer, but often left in the shadows of Moon and Bonham, and undeservedly so. Glover is solid as the rock of Gibraltar, and even though not recognized as much as some of the other band members, he makes a lot more of a contribution than just rhythm (see/hear the beginning of Space Truckin'). Great band that was at its best live.

Kostas

Agreed.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Well said sir ,there are alot of ( namebrand) musicians out there i wonder some times if thats only because its a easy name to remember Ozzy being one ,,dont get me wrong im a die hard ozzy fan but do agree that there are alot of forgotten or not named enough musicians out there that deserve credit glover being one for sure

brotherGood

Reaction score
Been listening to a lot of Avenged Sevenfold lately..not really sure what started it. And, the Winery Dogs and Van Halen.

Back