The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Cold and rain this morning, clear and high 60's this afternoon. Party time is over. Low in the 50's tonight and the high will be at midnight with slowly dropping temps after that into the low 40's by afternoon. Son of a...................:mad:

At least the "S" word hasn't been mentioned yet this season. (He says, trying to stay upbeat.):cool:

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
8.png

12°C

Feels like 12

Damaging, typhoon-fueled storms are nearing B.C.'s coast. Here's what you need to know. 3rd wave is supposed to hit tomorrow. It`s the worst out of the 3 storm waves. There was a 15 year old killed at a highschool this afternoon by a tree that came down on him in the heavy winds.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not so bad here. Yesterday had sun and 58 degrees (started at 31) and this morning it's heavy overcast and,,,,,,,,, 58 degrees, and windier than a politician.

Could be worse (see 7T8's post above) so I won't complain,,,,,too much;)

This up and down stuff is hard on the body,,,and mind. Wednesday afternoon it was 74, Thursday afternoon it was 44, but today started out at 58.............................:confused:

Aspen500

Reaction score
We had a WTF weather day. The "low" was 68 and it got up to 78 with very high humidity, like 85-95%. For reference, the average low and high is 36/58 Then the tornado watch came out and later it turned really dark and the clouds opened up. I haven't seen raindrops that huge in a long time and it rained so hard it was ridiculous. Still kind of rainy. From the look of the radar, there's some nasty sh*t headed straight at us and will arrive shortly. Oh yippee.

If this was August 17th, it would be normal but on October 17th,,,,,,,in north central Wisconsin, very bizarre.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Excellent day here to be outside.
I have about 5 cords of wood to finish chainsawing to the correct length and then can begin on the first floor wall again. Goal is to get that corner of the house finished to slow down that December north wind.

Get the tires off the front of the willys.
Get Darth Car's antenna tested and shipped.
Get the Sun Visors sewn for the 5th Avenue.... sun is shining and anything is possible!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Had pretty much no sunshine at all today, other than a few peeks here and there. Went from a low of 42 all the way up to a steamy,,,,,,,,,,,,,49.

Supposedly,,,,,,,,,,,,the weekend will be mostly sunny and around 60 each day, or so they claim. Man I sure hope so.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where's that sunshine that was promised? All I see so far is complete, total, 100% overcast. Granted, sunrise was only 15 minutes ago but I don't see it. Grumble, complain, moan...........................

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sorry for the grumbling about no sun, lol. About 9am the sky became totally clear and temps got to the upper 50's with hardly any wind. We'll take upper 50's for October 22nd here in north central Wisconsin.:cool:
Sounds like it should be the same for Sunday except a few degrees warmer. Maybe top 60 degrees(!)

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well,,,,,,,it WAS really nice out until a couple hours ago. Was up on my shed dormer roof (2/12 pitch)doing a "get it through the winter patch job" in a t-shirt. Sunny, hardly any wind and 60ish. Then it got cloudy and gray, the wind picked up, out of the north, and then it was sweatshirt weather.

Roof is WAY worse than I thought and I think the sheathing over the eaves,,,,,,isn't. Nothing but underlayment and what's left of the roll roofing :( Something to look forward to next spring, NOT.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I had to put the heat on and it will be on until April.
The S word has been mentioned for here and has been seen just north of here at higher elevation.

Polar bear radar shows them just under 500 miles N/W of here.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've had the furnaces (house and garage) turned on for at least a month and a half already. Usually need to stay turned on until at least June, sometimes later than that. A few years ago the furnace switch was turned off for exactly 2 weeks in July and that was it. So called global warming I guess. When you need heat in August, in the middle of the day,,,,,,something is not right.

Definite heat weather now. Still raining, sort of windy,,,,,out of the NW of course,,,,and a blistering 38 degrees out. Not nice out there, not even a tiny little bit.:(

Justwondering

Reaction score
And I was out there in the 85 degree weather (10 degrees over normal), sweating trying to get some chores done before the thunderstorms in Oklahoma fail to show up.

And you know, if you don't put up the tools, cover the saws, etc then the rain will show up. Get ready for it, and it stalls in Oklahoma.

Hope BudW enjoys my rain.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Rain?

I hadn’t seen much of any rain for a while.

Correction: It was raining acorns most of the morning. I need to invest in a hard hat.

Note: I own an acre of land just off to the center of Oklahoma City.
My house was one of 4 built in my area for a long time, them a residential area was built around my house about 30 years ago – so I have 17 pieces of property (houses) that touch my fence line. Also, on my acre, there is over 140 trees, 95% of which are White Oak and about two dozen of them – I can’t reach around.
BudW

Back