The FMJ Weather Channel

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
All week long the wind has been blowing like crazy, steady at about 30mph and yesterday gusts were 52mph. Now there are wildfires all around KS. This is what the sun looked likebat 6:00pm.
20170306_175506.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Temp in the 20's and WINDY. Sustained about 35 mph, gusting to as high as 68 mph today so far. Trees down, power outages, just friggin' awesome.:mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Guess I won't complain about the 2" we got last night.:)
Sun is out now but it's COLD, barely above 20 degrees so far.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Well ... at the other end of the spectrum ... we are projected to get down to 33 tonight (unseasonably cold). Then I'll be able to finish putting in the garden and get the shade cloth on the greenhouse. Apparently, there will be no spring this year. Just a couple of days and then headed to a/c weather.

Tues: 68
Wed: 70
Thur: 71
Fri: 77
Sat: 78
Sun: 81
Mon: 83
Tues: 84
Wed: 80
Fri: 75

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Snow and sleet today. The "BIG Nor-Easter!" Everything is shut down. Meh, doesn't seem as bad as what they were predicting, but it is nice to have the day to stay home. I'm losing my interest in snow - just seems like a PIA anymore. Tried to plow my driveway with my Cub, but of course, my wheel chains broke last year, and without them it gets stuck all the time. Was using sand to get traction, but thats too much work to keep getting off and on to spread sand down every other pass. Gee, maybe I should have fixed my chains last Fall what with Winter coming on and all...duh.

volare 77

Reaction score
Well we just had the big NOstorm. Some rain mixed with ice and snow. I agree snow is a PIA.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well, I did get the entire driveway plowed without the chains. I can't even find them to fix them! Not sure what I did with them :confused:. Anyway, it warmed up just enough for the macadam to start to melt the coating left by the plow, so I had just enough traction and I was able to get it finished. Then, I came in, made a huge cauldron of chili and some corn muffins, stoked the woodstove, and took a nap. All in all, a nice day.
Winter 2016 010.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
We had a nice dose of freezing rain, sleet and then a couple inches of snow on top of it all Thursday night. Made for a longer than usual drive to work Friday morning at 35-40mph down the interstate. Normally I go "the back way" which avoids the stupid freeway but also have to go over a very steep, very tall hill ( up close to 500 feet and then back down the same 500 feet in less than a mile) and even though I have winter tires, it's still only a 2 wheel drive Dakota......................It's not so much the going up, it's the white knuckle going down the other side. Slide off the road and it's a potential 10-30 foot drop almost straight down on the south side of the road. It would not end well.:eek:

Supposed to be sunny and 50 tomorrow(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's been a rollercoaster ride here. Warm and beautiful. Then arctic. Then snow......non stop fun. We got like an eighth of an inch so of course out come the salt trucks and they just went nuts. My poor Fifth needs to be de-a-salted.

But today......gloomy with half snow half rain and holding around freezing.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Supposed to hit 70 but the sun is filtered with thin overcast and, storms coming late afternoon. Is nice for this time of the year though. Average high is 51 and the low last night was 51:)
I did hear something about snow in this weeks forecast on the radio. Didn't catch if they said here or farther north. I'm hoping farther north,,,,,MUCH farther.:D I'm not going to relax until those darn frogs start making noise at night. Until then, could get another blizzard. Somehow, they just know.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hit 73 his afternoon(!!!!!!!) Darn nice for early April, especially considering there was a morning last week when it was 19 degrees at sunrise:cool:

Back