The Lost Art Of Daily Driving A Carbureted Car

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Hmmmm I guess its what you want, if you are out for a bit of fun and the car is just your toy and you only drive it 5000miles a year can you justify $2000 odd for an EFI system

Yes and just because. :laughing6:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Every once in a while I remember that I drive one of these old school classic Mopars......every day.

Awesome. :toothy9:

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Those little people movers with a tiny, all aluminum very efficient engine don't produce enough heat to make hot air for the passengers. Gotta love some people with (for example) a TDI Jetta come in to the shop for lack of heat. Four cyl diesel in -20F temps, putting around town with little to no load on it and you could take the water pump impeller off and it'd still barely raise the temp gauge of "C".

My Aspen has an excellent heater. Before the first snowfall (and accompanying salt fall) I've driven the car in 10 degrees weather. Darn heater can cook you right out! On the plus side, the A/C can freeze you out in 90 degree weather(!!!!) They did put good HVAC systems in our cars.

This is a well known fact. In my HVAC class the professor mentioned how engineers have been kicking around the ideaa of adding small electric heaters to newer cars to compensate, and how it's also a major stumbling block for all electric vehicles; no combustion=no heat

Back