This is shocking news from Chrysler..

Darth-Car

Reaction score
At least I had the chance to drive "real" cars. These new fangled gizmos are not what cars are supposed to be. Heck there probably will be an app for your mobile phone to help you drive these new cars.

I want no part of this goofy new stuff. There is no replacement for displacement will go on my tombstone. :)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Darth-Car --
If you sell your car, are you changing your handle?

Who will you be?
Inquiring minds want to know which name to put on your tombstone????

JW

80mirada

Reaction score
The government and it upcoming regulations are the reason for the move. Chrysler is going to make sure that their performance V8s won't be forgotten the rumors are pointing to the Hellephant going into the Charger and Challenger as a sort of swan song for the current platform

Darth-Car

Reaction score
....Haven't sold him yet. So I do not have to think up a new handle!

SixBanger

Reaction score
"Fiat Chrysler's performance brand has ridden the ground-shaking, supercharged V-8 Challenger Hellcat to become the No. 2-selling sports coupe in the U.S."
How is it possible to financially insure these cars in USA? I know it has al that electric safety nets, esp etc. But you don't gona buy these just for home work drives.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
"Fiat Chrysler's performance brand has ridden the ground-shaking, supercharged V-8 Challenger Hellcat to become the No. 2-selling sports coupe in the U.S."
How is it possible to financially insure these cars in USA? I know it has al that electric safety nets, esp etc. But you don't gona buy these just for home work drives.
What?

SixBanger

Reaction score
Sorry. ehm. I have looked at the car insurance here to insure that kind of car. It is even not possible to search for an challenge or even an hellcat.
How much is it in usa to insure that kind of car with this kind of fun factor/hp?? Because the hp/lb ratio is more of an sport bike than car here. ;)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
If you can't afford the ins you probably can't scrape 65k together for the car...

Oldiron440

Reaction score
For the cost of a new hell cat you can get a driver Hemi 69 RR and that's what I'd rather have.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I'd rather have an all electric than this Frankenstein shit. Gas or Voltage, pick one.

Honestly though, what's next after a 1,000 HP SC V8? 1,100? 1,200? They went plaid three years ago with the Demon.

I am in total agreement though, it just won't be the same. This really is the end of an era.

Aspen500

Reaction score
SixBanger, insurance all depends on where you live, what your driving record is, your age, etc. It could cost someone in New Jersey 3 times what it would cost the same person in Montana for example. Same goes for age. A 25 year old male will pay WAY more than a 60 year old. If that person has had a moving violation (speeding ticket e.g.) in the past 5 years or so, insurance will be higher. If they were a loser and have a drunken driving offense on their record, insurance premium would go up substantially. The type of car isn't really the issue. Of course a Hellcat Challenger will have higher premiums than a V-6 Challenger but some of that is because a Hellcat costs a lot more and is worth more than the V-6 version. There's more to premium prices than all that here but, you get the idea. As a 56 year old with a perfect driving record, my insurance premiums are pretty darn cheap. It's less in total for 3 vehicles combined is about what it was for one car with liability only when I was 17. Aspen is through Grundy and darn near everything is covered, full coverage and then some with an agreed value of $25,000 and it's $200/year. Truck is liability only and Mustang is liability and comprehensive and they come to about $825/year. I asked my agent what the price difference would be between my '08 Mustang V-6 and a Mustang GT and he said, no difference at all. A Shelby 500 or something well then, it'd be more but not really all that much more. Now, as for a Hellcat or Demon?????????????????????

Back