Time To Whip It Out!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Whipped it out for another drive to work and back today. Unless the forecast changes before Monday, it'll be whipped out again for the ol' commute.
Time is running out way too quickly. Soon I'll have to use the "S" words and that'll be the end of that.
"S" words,,,,,,,,,,,,,,snow and salt, with the emphasis on SALT.:mad:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
OK, so I'm sitting here on the computer actively avoiding going out and climbing up on the roof to clean out my woodstove chimney, and then driving down to my friends house to help him do the same thing. After a beautiful workweek of sunny weather in the 80's, as soon as I left work on Friday evening, it got cold and started to rain. Now its sunny, but windy and cold. Don't want to risk firing up the stove without cleaning it out. Agh, should have done it before...like so many other things. Anyway, even though OY is tucked away safely in its garage, I'm thinking about taking it to my friends house today, and then to the "flip house" where we need to build the steps to the deck we finished last weekend. I think the idea of "slanting and shifting" my way over there may just be enough to pry me out of this chair. Hummmm.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Might have been the last cruise for the year on Sunday.
nov1116.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Mine took it's last drive for the season on Sunday the 6th.
Last week they sprayed that liquid salt crap on the bridges, underpasses and the round-a-bout near work. Why? Not a clue...............It's not that cold out (i.e. above freezing) and there was no chance for precip of any kind so it's a total mystery to me.:confused:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Dr. Lebaron ... if you ever tire of that green jewel and want to be sure it stays out of salt, you can send it down my way to Texas... just sayin...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
As crazy as life has been lately I did get to whip it out last weekend and the weekend before. Crazy to think I'm driving around in November with the window down and just a long sleeve shirt on......

20160924_172053.jpg
20160924_155826.jpg
20161106_140229.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
That last photo looks like someone chained their bicycle onto your car !!!

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Want to see a shot of the dealer plate frame on the car.
I know a little about it.

The 79 coupe went into winter hibernation today.
I have this on the Lebaron coupe.
Period correct.
79 car.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's only been not even 2 weeks since driving the car into the garage for the last time this season, due to the mentioned liquid salt applications on bridges and the ever popular round-a-bouts (for no apparent reason whatsoever) and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm already having withdrawal symptoms.
The symptoms are similar to eating bad fish on an airplane:p

Aspen500

Reaction score
Took the first, very short, drive of the season. Only up the frontage road and back. Couple miles at the most. Sure felt good to be back behind the wheels and hear the big block again if only briefly!:cool:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
One more rain.....which is coming Monday and Tuesday to wash the last of the salt away and the toys are coming out to play

Aspen500

Reaction score
Whipped it out this evening, after checking the weather radar just to be sure. Did a 9 mile loop. Now that the oil leak is finally fixed, it's like driving a whole different car. Always before, the rear main leak was on my mind, bugging me and and taking all the fun out of it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Glad I took the car out Saturday evening. The weather forecast makes it look like no whipping out will happen until next week. Rain EVERY F****** DAY through Sunday. :(:(:mad::(:(:mad::(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(

Back