Time To Whip It Out!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Did better than me OY. Since the 13th I've got exactly zero miles. It rained every single day since then, including today and according to the forecast, will rain at least 6 out of the next 7 days.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Did better than me OY. Since the 13th I've got exactly zero miles. It rained every single day since then, including today and according to the forecast, will rain at least 6 out of the next 7 days.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Yikes! That's terrible! Everything will be waterlogged, and nothing gets done. Hope you have some indoor projects going!

Aspen500

Reaction score
I want to drive the car SO BAD and it's killing me! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping it would dry up today for at least a short ride up the frontage road and back for a prelim of how the new mufflers sound, if nothing else but,,,,,,,,,doesn't look like it'll happen:(

slantman

Reaction score
I've lived in south Fl. too long...I forget the car problems of the great white north. I have just finished tucking the wagon In the shop and covered the PU in its cocoon ,.for the summer You would be surprised how brutal the UV can be on paint. I know all the stories of RUST, lived in the BELT of Cleveland to Buffalo!!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
This time of year it's not the salt, it's that this year, it refuses to stop raining almost EVERY BLEEPING DAY! My car hasn't been rained on (or even wet for that matter) since 1996 and hopefully, that will continue for years to come. Does really restrict the driving though.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Well its only 89 degrees and a sporadic light breeze...
however
its 71% humidity and no rain...

Been outside doing chores (shredding a field, changing implements on tractor, grinding metal, and getting ready to weld) for about 6 hours now.

Too much sweat in my eyes and yes, when I finally moved the tractor to get to the Chrysler the battery was dead... dead.... dead....

As a reminder, would the last person to leave the chrysler please remember to turn off the headlights?

Got the charger on now.

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you get the battery charged and whip it out (or is that whip them out;)), don't forget to turn your headlights off when you get back, no pun intended.:D

I'm thinking about whipping it out this evening. They say no rain but looking at the sky,,,,,,,,,,makes me wonder about that so we'll see.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Whipped it out today since it's an all too rare day with no chance of rain. Took the car to work, about 30 miles round trip. So nice to drive now with no worries about oil leaks and with the new Ultra Flow mufflers. Basically no interior drone with them. I mean, it's far from silent but the majority of the sound you hear is out the tailpipes and not resonating through the whole car. Always liked the sound of the Super Dynomax's but I think I like the Ultra Flow's more so it's a double win.

Mr C

Reaction score
My daughter asked her old man to take his car to prom! So proud of my Mopar girl!

18928217_1374791849278413_1303505129_n.jpg
18945112_1374791852611746_1060866620_n.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Whipped it out for the commute again so, another 30 miles on the odometer. Maybe this year, weather permitting, I can break the 1,000 mile mark. Good start so far. Total so far this season is up to about 120. Actually the season only really started less than a week ago. Before that, the weather (meaning rain, rain, rain) prevented anything from happening other than the rare, random day here and there. Now that we've finally turned the corner, let 'er rip!:D

Aspen500

Reaction score
Last season I ended up with exactly 666 miles in total. Strange number to end up on, lol. This year though, since unlike last year (and the year before that, and the year before that, lather, rinse, repeat) when it rained every freaking day almost, this year it only rains every couple weeks, if that often. On the way to a record, so far I put 317 miles on with (hopefully) at least 4 months of "car weather" yet to go. Fingers crossed:cool:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Thursday was perfect weather for a 6hr 200 mile cruise with little to no traffic.
First thing I had to do was make 94,956 miles into 95,000 and now I have 400 miles on it this yr.
062118ptleb.jpg
062118ptft.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
"Little to no traffic",,,,,,,,,what's that like? lol One of the reasons I don't end up with more miles on the car, freaking traffic..............................However, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL (I'd call it perfect) out today so I think at some point, a few more miles will get added.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
There's tons of side roads that are nice because the farmers pay up for good roads.
As long it's paved and not a crappy road, I'll take it.
I'm never on a numbered highway when cruising.

I don't like anyone behind me, so I can slow down or stop if I see something.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The roads around here are mostly nice but it seems like even if you go to what seems like BFE, turn right and then go to the middle of nowhere,,,,,,,,,there are cars, and houses, and people, and,,,,,,,,,AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH THERE'S NO GETTING AWAY FROM PEOPLE!!!!! But I digress:D

Took the Aspen out for a short ride this evening, maybe 10 miles at the most. Stopped to fill it up and,,,,,,,,,ethanol free premium is $3.59/gal. Ouch. Filled he Mustang up this morning and it was much cheaper, $2.79 for regular. The Mustang is fun to drive and gets 22 mpg BUT, the Aspen is a blast to drive, even at 9-10mpg on premium. Worth every cent IMO.:cool: Actually, this time it got a RCH away from 11 mpg but who's keeping track?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Looks like Monday will be a nice cruise day.
Semi retired in the summer has perks.

These roads I take are beautiful on a nice day, but NO WAY I would take them in winter or want to be on them at twilight or in the dark due to all the big and small animals.

Back