Tire Sizes 79 Aspen RT

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you guys doing this??? I can't even get a 205/75 R 14 to fit in the wheel wells without it Rubbing the fenders.
Which car are you trying to install tires on?

I’ve “heard” that F bodies do not have the wheel well room as M bodies have, but no first hand knowledge yet.

I’m planning on putting 15's on my Volare and would like same size tires for it and my 5th Ave - if possible. Maybe I need to stick a 5th tire/wheel on the volare and find out.

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, I think the biggest problem I am running into (79 Aspen) is the Keystone Rims had a BAD offset to them and pushed them out a bit further than they should have been. Right now I have just steel Rims on it with 195-75RR14's on the Front and sumthing sumthing 15's on the back to give it a good Rake to it.

Justwondering

Reaction score
David - I do swear your techno babble sounds just like my friend from down south (something something). Do you have a brother living down here?

David Clark

Reaction score
Have you tried one of your '86 or 87 wheels on your RR?
That's what is on the Rear Right now, Took Two of them off the 87 5th Ave and put them on the Aspen on the rear. Took two of the steel Rims off the Dart (the 14's) and put them on the Aspen and then used my 14" Rally Rims on the Dart all the way around.

David Clark

Reaction score
14's on front off the Old Dart, 15's on Rear off the old 5th Ave
IMG_2404.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
david:
That car is a hoot! if I send you some fuzzy dice will you hang it off the rearview mirror and send me a picture?

When I find the next survivor to save, I need a bargaining chip so I can give my husband a choice... at least I'll lead him to believe its a choice until I let him off the hook.... His look will be priceless.

Back