Top 5 Dream Mopars

brotherGood

Reaction score
Cool factoid about Billy the Kid..he actually was based about an hour from where I live. His "home track" is actually where I plan on taking my car once the brakes work right. Supposedly, he was a big time mafia boss in the Dayton area, that was one reason this photo was taken..as a joke making fun of that.

NoCar340

Reaction score
1971 Super Bee, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Super Track Pack 4.10 Dana, Ramcharger hood, hideaways, black bucket/center fold-down armrest interior, Rallye dash w/tach, canopy black vinyl top w/sunroof, A4 Light Gunmetal, radio delete, F/R spoilers, 15x7 Rallyes, "Bazooka" exhaust tips... oh, wait, I already had that one. Never mind. I wish I knew where it was, though. It was a rust-free GA roller when I had it; I was still collecting parts for it when I lost my storage and had to sell. 1 of 9 Super Bees of any engine combo built w/a sunroof.

1972Challenger0221.jpg

1) 1972-74 Challenger, 340/360 w/4-speed, high-performance axle package, double black (no vinyl top), buckets w/o console, Rallye hood & cluster. Custom yellow '71 R/T-style stripes. Hoping to buy a project here shortly; we'll see what happens.

1971-Dodge-Charger-amp-Coronet-06.jpg

2) 1971 Charger SE, similar to my old Super Bee, but with front spoiler only, same interior, 440-4V rather than Six Pack, flat hood, no sunroof. I really don't like all the marketing tack-ons but they did add to the value of the Bee. This would be the "1971 SE ad car"

biga.jpg

3) 1970 Challenger 340 convertible, 4-speed, B3 Ice Blue, white top, boot, and bucket non-console interior. Shaker hood, Rallye dash, 15x7 Rallye wheels, bright exhaust tips, white tail stripe. Dreaming? OK, throw a luggage rack on there.

$(KGrHqN,!rcFHu+gWV9-BR-Vbl6C3Q~~60_3.JPG

4) 1961 Chrysler Newport, double black coupe, 4-speed (yes, I'd have to convert it from a T-85 3-speed). Low stance and 17" polished Torq-Thrusts w/blackwalls. 474" low-deck big-block under the hood.

IMG_0563.jpg

5) 1967 Barracuda notchback, swapped-in 340, 4-speed (see a pattern here?), Sunfire Yellow, black bucket interior, Rallye dash w/tach, no console. Big-bolt swap with 15" chrome road wheels, a.k.a. "Magnums". If you've never seen those wheels on a 2nd-gen trout, you'd be amazed how sharp they look. One of my friends had a '69 Formula S 340 in Sunfire yellow with a Mod Top and Mod Interior, big-bolt brakes and road wheels, and it was just gorgeous.

Honorable mention goes to a '72 Road Runner 400/4-speed, Hemi Orange, black reflective roof strobe stripe, base everything except for disc brakes and 15x7 Rallyes, no vinyl top and no trim rings. Again, I already had that one. I crushed it about 10 years back; it was just too far gone to save. I still have the title, VIN tag (ex-GF still uses it as a keychain), data tag, and build sheet but I don't believe in rebodies.

No Hemis, no Maxies. Stuff I could drive and enjoy... and along the lines of "enjoy", no consoles. Mopar's muscle-era consoles are squeaking, rattling garbage of little or no use. If any of the cars on my list were automatic, they'd be on the column.

1972Challenger0221.jpg

1971-Dodge-Charger-amp-Coronet-06.jpg

biga.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!rcFHu+gWV9-BR-Vbl6C3Q~~60_3.JPG

IMG_0563.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I know where the "Billy the Kid" car Demon is or rather who has it. My neighbor Troy acquired it about 8 years ago. Troy moved around since then, but I call him from time to time. The guy also has a 70 superbee clone with a hemi. The Billy car had that hood in the pic and a hood with double humps for two dizzys. A real neat car when constructed back in the day.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I know where the "Billy the Kid" car Demon is or rather who has it. My neighbor Troy acquired it about 8 years ago. Troy moved around since then, but I call him from time to time. The guy also has a 70 superbee clone with a hemi. The Billy car had that hood in the pic and a hood with double humps for two dizzys. A real neat car when constructed back in the day.

That's cool!! You'll have to see if you can get any pics. What's he doing with it, anything?

72Dodge

Reaction score
70 Demon. I'd pro stock it out, get it to look like this car. I love the way it looks, and sits..And since money would be no object, why not go all out, right?

4805815-BillyStepp_73Demonwithteam_zps0472c2a0.jpg

It's funny, looking at the bottom of that pic, it says " '73 Demon ", but of course there never was a '73 Demon, only '71 and '72 (this one is a '72). Could be something as simple as a typo or someone at the magazine just not knowing, but I wonder if it was before the name change to Dart Sport, and the assumption was just that there would be a '73 Demon? Who knows. Cool car and pic though! Demons are probably my favorite overall all-time Mopar.

brotherGood

Reaction score
lol..just realized that. I also just realized in my sleep deprived state last night, I put 70 Demon..lol. ugh!

JeffB#2

Reaction score
My #1 "want", a friend's '09 or '10 Snake Skin Green Viper , ACR and Hard Core package on it, 1-of-1 with the stripes. I had a quick ride in it last year. It had about 1500 miles on it when he drove it over. Everything still looked and smelled brad new.
#2 - Challenger ragtop, no specific needs or options on it.

driveway.jpg

200115_579112885443821_1802006787_n.jpg

driveway.jpg

200115_579112885443821_1802006787_n.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
One down, four to go. I just hammered out a screaming deal on a '74 Challenger. Very clean Southern roller with almost all the parts to reassemble... I do need to convert it to a four-speed, though.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Nice...I know where theres a 70 or 71 Challenger in town. Has a wicked 360 in it. It made me want to put a purple shaft in the next motor I build..lol.

Problem is, its been so neglected, the body is now rust colored, there is a beehive in the Holley. And, the guy that owns it will never sell it. He was going to, but his daughters talked him out of it.

NoCar340

Reaction score
It comes with a "metric sh!t ton" of new parts, too. Interior, Rallye hood, dash pad, etc.

The plan is to recreate the car I had right after high school, but without all the rust. I did the stripes in my parents' garage with a rattle can, believe it or not:

73Chall2.jpg

73Chall2.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
The car I had before the Challenger was a '75 Trans Am with what may have been the weakest 455 of all time. I have no desire to recreate that rotten pig.

I don't plan on doing the Challenger exactly the same--I have different plans for the stripe and wheels--but black/no vinyl/four-speed/340 were mandatory. I already have the 340 and the trans, now I have the car. I just need pedals, linkage, etc. I'm not sure if I want to drop the kind of money it would cost me to put a Rallye dash in there, though.

Added bonuses: the car I just made the deal to get is already manual steering, floor shift (auto), and manual disc brakes. Less stuff for me to have to pay through the nose to add to the car.

ramenth

Reaction score
The car I had before the Challenger was a '75 Trans Am with what may have been the weakest 455 of all time. I have no desire to recreate that rotten pig.

I don't plan on doing the Challenger exactly the same--I have different plans for the stripe and wheels--but black/no vinyl/four-speed/340 were mandatory. I already have the 340 and the trans, now I have the car. I just need pedals, linkage, etc. I'm not sure if I want to drop the kind of money it would cost me to put a Rallye dash in there, though.

Added bonuses: the car I just made the deal to get is already manual steering, floor shift (auto), and manual disc brakes. Less stuff for me to have to pay through the nose to add to the car.

C'mon on over to FEBO and put up a build thread. Lots of good guys over there who like seeing the cars come together.

NoCar340

Reaction score
It'll be awhile before I can get started on it. There is the small matter of the Imperial, you see. That plan is still first; the Challenger is a Southern car, freshly stripped & primed, so it can sit for a little while as I concentrate on getting that project finalized.

I think I've finally solved my automotive ADD, though... three years ago I had five cars and only the Imperial remains (and I had to buy that back). I always wanted one of those as a luxury cruiser/driver, and I've wanted another Challenger for over 25 years. So, instead of just grabbing what I can find, which is how it's gone for a couple of decades, I'm concentrating on what I truly want to own. That feels pretty good.

ramenth

Reaction score
Just make sure you keep us posted too.....

Easy enough to do. If you scroll over the cars in my signature you'll see some are "highlighted." Click on 'em and you'll see that it takes you to the build threads (or internet pics) for those cars which have one.

Back