Torsion Bar Bushings

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Is there a current supplier for rubber torsion bar bushings? Firm Feel only has poly. Energy Suspension has nothing.

Thanks,

XfbodyX

Reaction score
They are around at $200 per.

DSC09585.JPG

volare 1977

Reaction score
I have a pair but I am keeping them. 4106153 , 4026844 , 4186805 are some of the part numbers. They pop up on ebay once in a while. K7289 Moog.

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
The last time someone posted on here about finding a pair for sale, they found them on, EBay-Japan. I have alerts set up if any get listed online domestically and haven’t got an alert in 2-2.5 years.
The guys at, FirmFeel have one full set of MOOG replacements in their inventory (or at least they did). Matt wanted like, $260ea for them if I remember correctly.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Those used to be the easy ones to find.
Mine were fine, it was the pivot ones in the middle that wore out.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Wasn't too long ago you could go to NAPA or Carquest and have them the next day. The good old days........

Logan

Reaction score
I recently did the front end swaybar bushings on my 78 town and country and I got them from Autozone. They had rubber and poly options. I ordered both and ended up installing the poly options because of information I read on this forum and they just seem to be better quality. Because I’m terrible about returning stuff, I still have the rubber ones and if you would like, I can probably send some pictures of them to you so you’ll know what’s available. I also ordered some NOS Parts are from eBay. The end link bushings were fine but the larger swaybar to frame bushings were the wrong size.

kmccabe56

Reaction score
I recently did the front end swaybar bushings on my 78 town and country and I got them from Autozone. They had rubber and poly options. I ordered both and ended up installing the poly options because of information I read on this forum and they just seem to be better quality. Because I’m terrible about returning stuff, I still have the rubber ones and if you would like, I can probably send some pictures of them to you so you’ll know what’s available. I also ordered some NOS Parts are from eBay. The end link bushings were fine but the larger swaybar to frame bushings were the wrong size.
Yes please. Kmccabe56@gmail.com

Logan

Reaction score
I forgot I didn’t open this bag so the picture of the actual pieces are probably not much used to you. This kit does not have end link pieces, it’s only for the bar to frame. The inside diameter of the large bushing measures approximately 1 3/32 of an inch. The outside dimension is about 2 inches and they are one and a half inches wide.
The poly kit I bought had everything and was made by energy suspension. I gotta say it was pretty nice and certainly improved how my car feels on the road. It’s a daily driver in and around Boston so the suspension gets used.View attachment 47662

View attachment 47663

View attachment 47664

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Those are sway bar bushings which are readily available compared to the torsion bar stuff.

Logan

Reaction score
I miss read the original post. Sorry for the confusion. Good luck locating torsion bar bushings.

Logan

Reaction score
The Rare Parts brand that Advance Auto Parts sells has torsion bar pivot bushings in rubber.
I’m not sure what car you’re working on but I put in a 1987 5th Ave. to search from and they came right up.
Part # RP18551

volare 1977

Reaction score
The Rare Parts brand that Advance Auto Parts sells has torsion bar pivot bushings in rubber.
I’m not sure what car you’re working on but I put in a 1987 5th Ave. to search from and they came right up.
Part # RP18551
those are poly

Logan

Reaction score
Never bought them but the add said rubber.
They do look a bit shiny to be rubber...

kmccabe56

Reaction score
OK, so given that the rubber bushings apparently are now made of unobtanium, what's everyone's experience with the poly bushings? I keep hearing people complain about squeaks although I've seen some that actually come with grease fittings.

I'm pretty much OK with going to poly for the sway bar mounts, but not as sure for the torsion bars.

volare 1977

Reaction score
IMO, you are overly worried about the squeaks with poly. They seemed to be pretty quiet. I did have a failure of the poly pivot bushings getting out of shape.

Camtron

Reaction score
I don’t have any complaints with my Poly torsion bar bushings.
It’s the install that’s the bear in the situation.
the center pivot bushings are relatively easy to replace but, the bar-end bushings make for long day.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I tossed the poly bushing into my rear sway bar setup, and granted the car is a bit loud, but have never heard a single squeak!

Keep in mind, I did apply the included silicone grease pretty liberally...

For what it's worth, I'm about to toss the poly engine mounts onto my 408 stroker block any day now...these are going to get a good coating of silicon grease but they are going on! The factory (and I had OEM stuff on my 360 motor) just wobble around way too much...

Back