trunk trim and spare tire

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The paper they used for the trunk was not high quality to begin with. I'm not sure what they used for glue - for it might have been the same glue stick that kids use (possibly). It might be hard to actually find an intact trunk tire sticker for our cars.
I know I'd like to buy or find a replacement sticker - but that's low priority.
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I was able to save mine after it fell off. It shouldn't be too hard to scan and printed on vinyl to at least get the appearance and info out of it.

picklesgarage

Reaction score
well im thinking i have the wrong jack or wrong rim on the spare. even when cranked up or down further it doesnt get any closer to fitting.

jackandrim.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the jack from my '86 (the same one you have) and a 15” Chrysler spare tire/wheel I have.
20200506_114314.jpg

You're correct – it won't fit. The bolt is wider than inner wheel is so no matter what position jack is – the jack bolt is still too long.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Mine still has the sticker, I glued it back on ages ago, it used to be in good shape, but I just took a picture of it and it's gotten a lot worse

MoparDan

Reaction score
The paper they used for the trunk was not high quality to begin with. I'm not sure what they used for glue - for it might have been the same glue stick that kids use (possibly). It might be hard to actually find an intact trunk tire sticker for our cars.
I know I'd like to buy or find a replacement sticker - but that's low priority.
BudW

I had an extra sticker that I found in a Gran Fury in the local junkyard, it was in really nice shape, I was going to replace mine, which was once in decent shape, but not so much now. I then thought maybe someone else would want it so I never put it on, it was destroyed with the rest of my stuff after the "accidental" hotel fire though.

picklesgarage

Reaction score
BudW: well at least i'm not going crazy. now to just come up with a fix. spares are no good with out a way to put them on, found that out with my charger the hard way

Back