ummmmm hmmmmmm i dont even know how to say it

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Ford tried to buy Ferrari in 1964, just from recall. Old man Enzo is the one who killed the deal, and the Ford family member took it personally (Henry Ford II or Edsel, I don't remember). The innovation, and the cars that ended up beating Ford were not engineered in house at Ford: the Daytona Coupe and the Cobras came from Carroll Shelby, and the first 3 versions of the GT40 came from England. Only the last version came from the US, and it did win Lemans in 1967, the Mark II won in 1966, and the Mark I in 1968 and 1969.

Ford probably has more V8 engine families than all of the other manufacturers combined. They even had multiple families in production at the same time (Cleveland and Windsor small blocks), as well as some super exotic engines (427 "Cammer" and Side-Oiler, 429 "Shotgun"). Some truly questionable logic at play there. Innovative, yest, logical, not so much.

Ford is the only US car company to not even ask for bail out money, as greymouser said.

Kostas

alf44

Reaction score
im also a mopar guy but have owned many fords.,. a kwik count.,., 2 lincoln towncars, 2 t birds, 3 grand torinos ( 2 were race cars-1 part car )2 mavericks, topaz, baby LTD,ranger,maybe a few more as i lost count,lol

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I have had three. A 1980 Mustang with the slow as molasses 200 CID 6 cylinder, a 1985 Thunderbird Turbo, and a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII. The Mustang was a pretty lousy car, but the Tbird and the Mark VIII were good cars. The Mark VIII was a really good combination of a good ride with amazing handling for a car of its size, and the engine in it (DOHC 4 valve/cylinder aluminum 4.6L V8) revved like it was a Ferrari.

Kostas

greymouser7

Reaction score
I had a 68 fairlane once, I did not do anything with it but remove the 351 Windsor and junk the car so the wife could have a good motor if I ever found her a 60's fastback mustang like she wants.

I am sticking to the Mopars I already have, the two daily driver civic's and whatever the wife wants.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Why would you go furd.

Model: 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

MPG: Up to 13 city, 22 highway

MSRP: From $58,295

Fuel tank capacity: 18.5 gal

Fuel type: Gasoline

Horsepower: 707 HP

Engine cylinder configuration: V engine

hellcat.jpg

Mcfly68

Reaction score
Ford got gov money....it was disguised as a loan for hybrid research ( no one else got it) and repayment is due next year I believe...they also sold all their shares of Mazda back to Mazda to avoid "bail out" money..They where hurting just as bad as the other guys. They just got more creative on how to get the money

Back