Update, New FBody Possibly Coming.

SirRalliart

Reaction score
By the way, it's really easy to import a car from Canada to the US. I did it with my fully restored Canadian '74 Cuda. As long as you do it yourself, it takes about 5 minutes (for cars older than 25 years). It doesn't even cost money.

The guys didn't even look at it. I could've filled my trunk with that fine Canadian Beer!

David Clark

Reaction score
I told them that the car was over 25 yrs old and they came out with all kinds of Crap I had to do at the Border to get back across when I spoke with the agents at the Border Crossing I intended to use.

SirRalliart

Reaction score
That's odd. I brought mine over in 2013 at Emerson, ND or Manitoba. Maybe you asked the wrong guys - did you talk to Americans or Canadians? It's very difficult to take a car from US to Canada, but rather easy to go from Canada to the US. I have not read the form in a long time, it may be different for post-74 cars with emissions control.

Getting the car registered in the state is a bit more laborious, at least in Texas. As long as I had the signed "title", which was just the license plate registration in Manitoba, then I had to have the Sheriff inspect it, then get a State inspection and insurance, and the title change and license plates went through fine.

David Clark

Reaction score
I talked to both, American and Canadians and told them the car was over 30 some years old. Guess they didn't want to hear that part.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
MY experience is they don't want to be helpful. They don't even want to get out of their chairs. And when you start asking all kinds of questions, they just want to bury you under a big ol' rock. They like to play; King-of-the-castle,holier-than-thou,Worship-me-cuz-I-can-really-mess-up-your-day.
I really dislike those guys, and after the last crossing in about 2004, I haven't been back there.

Back