Way to go Maryland DMV- License plate debacle

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
People think government is this evil big brother entity when the reality is government is run by lazy civil servants who can't even get a website on a license plate right. Link:

Oops, Nearly 800,000 Maryland License Plates Now Accidentally Promote A Filipino Gambling Site - The Autopian

Accidentally my eye. I 100% guarantee you this is the result of one of two things. 1) the guy who was supposed to renew the domain retired and no one really knew what his job was or bothered to learn what he had to do or 2) no one bothered to do anything to prevent this because "its not my job."

Hayzoos

Reaction score
Read the article. Typical, higher ups not knowing what it takes to keep something like this going. An organization was created and funded to maintain the site. Organization was discontinued, but domain never transferred to another Maryland government agency. Nobody to renew the domain. Shysters buy the newly available domain. Happens a lot more than you would think.

LSM360

Reaction score
Not every government worker is lazy but you are correct, a large majority and usually the higher up you go (highest salaries) the worse the entitlement, laziness, and corruptness. School boards tend to be the worst in my observation. LE agencies getting very bad. Generally speaking again, not every single employee.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
"The MVA did not disclose in the release whether or not it paid for the URL"

I'd rather have savvy Filipinos running the Maryland DMV than bums.

Back