Weird dash bezel

XfbodyX

Reaction score
There were also several different versions of the 200 speedometer, not counting the early stick on 200 overlay. The Canadian ones are a bit different then the South American and overseas export cars and then there is the early and late units that have the Symbol vs the English Text.

Ive one in my export car and some new but ive not seen much demand for them, but im not really into the parts scene either.

dodge-dart-1980-D_NQ_NP_7.jpg

DSC00015.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
IMG_20180324_130838187.jpg
Thanks XfbodyX! Your pic finally answers my question! The upper slider control in your pic explains how it worked. This pic of OY's heater control does not have that "vent" option. The vents on OY are opened by pulling on manual under the dash pulls on each side. Even if as you say it wasn't uncommon, I've never seen an F with this setup. I wonder if it was supposed to take the place of the manual under dash pull vents, or if it was just for certain years? Hummm.

Last edited:

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
Thanks XfbodyX! Your pic finally answers my question! The upper slider control in your pic explains how it worked. This pic of OY's heater control does not have that "vent" option. The vents on OY are opened by pulling on manual under the dash pulls on each side. Even if as you say it wasn't uncommon, I've never seen an F with this setup. I wonder if it was supposed to take the place of the manual under dash pull vents, or if it was just for certain years? Hummm.
Mine came with the vent option on the heater controls but also has the under dash vent pulls on each side.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I knew the woodgrain could run either way, but didn't know about this vent variation! Very interesting to learn something NEW about the F's that I didn't know before! I wonder why they had the two versions of vents? o_O

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Folks wonder why chrysler had issues in the late 70-s, so many possible ways to build an F.

Some of the woodgrain stuff is year specific, but on the glove box doors is easy to tell because of the plastic hinge vs the metal used on the earlier F-s.

You can see the plastic hinge on this one.

But you can remove the inner workings and use the older metal hinge/cup holder like the 76/77s used.

DSC00017.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
That's weird too! :confused: I've never seen plastic glove box door hinges either, and I've had all years of F's except for 1980. OY is a 1978, and it has the metal hinge.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I'd like to get a woodgrain glovebox door for OY as well as a new heater control facing. It is faded yellowish as seen in the pic. Most of all, I'm still looking for a three spoke SE wheel in butterscotch color.

DCAspen

Reaction score
XfbodyX,Nice parts collection to answer some questions.

marty mopar

Reaction score
1977 part book

12 dash bezels for 1977 !!!!!!

8 Glove box doors for 1977!!!!

001_14.jpg

002_14.jpg

I have NOS

3593730 DASH BEZEL WOODGRAIN /RADIO & A/C 1976-78
3593732 DASH BEZEL WOODGRAIN W/O RADIO, WITH A/C 1976-78
P628MB7 1976 BLUE GLOVE BOX DOOR WOODGRAIN

Last edited:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Wow! 12 bezels! Your NOS woodgrain w/o radio but with A/C must be quite rare I would think. I've only ever seen one F with radio delete, but that was on a real plain jane, no air.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
It is really crazy all the stuff they did, ive a couple ribbed f radio delete plates that just bolt on to the dash frame then I wonder how many different dash frames there are because even some of them have the delete plate in the clock area, I will have to look.

I love mopars description for fake ass woodgrain. Like they are really convincing.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I had thought about recovering this all delete in the woody wood grain but why? Ive sat on so much crap for 30 years and cant get $10 a part and shipping is crazy these days, but the old plastic sure does burn hot in my wood stove.

Anyway here is a clock delete dash frame or whatever odd term the parts book might use. I think I can read the pn.

DSC00014.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The dealer I worked at, they would order some mid-trim level cars, high end cars, and low end cars that were way down on the low end.

Back then, customers were odd, for they wanted the dealership to customize their car their way (which ended up being a (more or less) mid-level car in the end.

My wagon was that way, as well.
It came from factory as a radio-delete car. The dealership took the no-radio faceplate and cut out the radio section (and did a poor job doing so). They also forgot to add the radio ground strap – so radio was intermittent, when dash lights were on. Once I put the ground strap on radio – that started to work properly (40 years later).

Also – I do not like the add-on radio antennas – so I added a factory style radio antenna, while I was at it.
Little details that many people will not notice – but I do (and feel better about changing it).

The cut-up face plate will get tossed when I add A/C – in a couple of years.

Note: I think either one of my 11 year old twins could do a better job cutting the radio hole out – on their first ever plastic cut.
BudW

Back