what got you into the F/M/J's?

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score
My first ride was a Mercedes. After I wracked it ( The police stopped me and told me to fix it or wrack it ) I wonted a new used second hand Mercedes. I saw a full equipted Plymouth Sundance for 5000 DM and could not resist. That car mande me a Mopar fan.

Two Ford convertibles, wich I did not get lucky with did the rest.

Yaers later I drove to munich to buy a 1958 Dodge Coronet - the car didn´t run and was done !
So I watched an offered Volare (in the dusk) and bought it for about 3000 Euro.
I´m still driving this car - but only in the summertime.
For snow and mud I used to get me a Mercedes again to save my Plymouth.

WildCat

Reaction score
Was working at the Chrysler electrical plant in Indianapolis Indiana in 1976. At the time I was living at home, making about $200 a week and wondering what I was going to do with all that money.

I was buying an selling cars. From June of 76 to Dec i didn't keep a car much over a month and at one time had 3 cars. (was only 18)

The local Plymouth dealer had a Orange Roadrunner on the showroom floor. T Top with black landau vinyl top. Loved the look of the Dark T Tops and the black Vinyl, but they wanted list price. I refused to pay LIST PRICE since I worked for Chrysler. So went to a dealer in Anderson, Indiana that several of the guys from work would go to get good deal on new cars.

Paid $100 over invoice for my special order 1977 Aspen Custom

list $6,900 paid about $6,300 my 3 year loan cost me $173.40 (thought it was cool it had 340 in it)

went thru the entire option list and ordered just about everything available

360, at, pw, pdl, ac, buckets, console, folding rear seat, posi rear, cruise control (wanted a 4 speed but couldn't get the cruise) T tops, magnum style wheels

after oing thru the entire option list he ask, "WHAT COLOR" loved the orange RR but they would not build a RT with the vinyl top and t Top. Liked the dark top and T's on light color car. Didn't like the Dark T's with no vinyl. Wanted Black but in 77 they went to a metallic black and it looked dirty to me all the time, so went with one of my favorite color and what I had painted my 1st car, dark blue

Had my mag wheels and air shocks for it before the car ever was delivered.

ordered a fiberglass rear spoiler from JC Whitney

I had many people tell me they were not a mopar person but loved the look of my car.

Bought new at Broadway Chrysler, Dodge Plymouth in Anderson Indiana

I lived in Indianapolis

Last time I seen the car was in the mid 80's sitting on a small car lot in ANDERSON, Indiana

wonder if it is still around??????????????

Had a Cordoba ................. 3X's .................... like a bad penny, I would sell it then buy it back

My J Body Imperial, mom got new in 1980

Back