What is the correct way to stow the spare, jack, and wrench?

barbee6043

Reaction score
i thought that in texas, the hand gun went on the front seat????
If driving in Houston, best to keep the pistol under your right leg, if right handled, for easy access. If you get out of the car at a convenience store, put pistol in your pocket, and have the wife ready with the rifle/shotgun as back up if needed.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
If driving in Houston, best to keep the pistol under your right leg, if right handled, for easy access. If you get out of the car at a convenience store, put pistol in your pocket, and have the wife ready with the rifle/shotgun as back up if needed.
For me it would be time to live somewhere else!

Justwondering

Reaction score
Oldiron -- kinda like the problem Detroit has in Illinois. Those that prey on others seem to migrate to certain cities.

For myself, I've always had a rifle in the truck. Shot plenty of coyotes and wild pig... rather, shot AT plenty of coyotes and pigs. Usually hit the pigs, but they are just tanks and keep on running. Evil, pure evil. Seeing wild pigs means I've got to add a 2 hour project to the list of getting the tractor, putting the cultivator or tiller on it and coming back to rake and straighten out the field damage they do.

Only had to threaten one 2-legged varmant one time and he hasn't been back. Meth-head.

JW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Back before they started doing to anhydrous ammonia what ever they do to deter the meth heads from steeling it, one would be found in a field toasted from anhydrous. But rural theft is a big problem up here nothing is safe.

barbee6043

Reaction score
Back before they started doing to anhydrous ammonia what ever they do to deter the meth heads from steeling it, one would be found in a field toasted from anhydrous. But rural theft is a big problem up here nothing is safe.
Back in rural Missouri where I USED to live, the local sherriff talked this way about rural thieving. He said, basically, that I have a rifle, handgun, shotgun, and a sink lime hole, a tractor with bucket if necessary. DO NOT call him if I kill one , just use the sink hole. That simple. He must be a REP.!??? ha

Justwondering

Reaction score
lol ... I like that local sheriff.
I think he must be related to the local game warden we have here.
Probably a cousin.

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
911DFA47-DA8E-42A7-A01F-B1B2E6D09D85.jpeg

This is the picture from my 87 Fifth Avenue.
There is a 'carpet' cover over the spare that makes it all tidy. The large wing-nut goes on the outside of the covering.

JW

Back