What's Your Favorite Beer?

72Dodge

Reaction score
Anything from Three Floyds or Boulevard are the best I've had. Boulevard Breakfast Stout is my current favorite, though right now I'm drinking a Boulevard Dirty Bastard. The best beer I've ever had is Three Floyds Zombie Dust. I can go for a variety of quality IPA's, double IPA, triple IPA's.

What I cannot drink at all anymore are any cheap beers. I literally can not drink more than a sip of anything Bud, Miller, anything with "Lite" or "Ice" in the name, or anything else that costs less than about $7 or $8 for 6, with the one exception being Schlitz. I can drink me a few Schlitz once in awhile. Mostly since trying a huge variety of the "better" beers, I've just lost my taste for anything "cheap". Beer snob, yeah LOL. It's all in fun though. I love stopping at one of the local places that sells mix-n-match 6 packs to try some new ones I've never had before. We have a lot of great beers in Wisconsin (and some crap, too).

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I used to ask my beer drinking buddies when they though that Bud Light Ice Dry was coming out. I figured that it had all the buzz words in it, so it would have replaced everything.

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I used to ask my beer drinking buddies when they though that Bud Light Ice Dry was coming out. I figured that it had all the buzz words in it, so it would have replaced everything.

Kostas

Plus you know....the more words it has the worse it is.
Mind you we have one word beers here that are borderline undrinkable.
Steeler...made in Hamilton (a steel town), lucky (beyond brutal), Laker (touted as "only a buck a beer), Lakeport (the buck a beer competition)
All beyond belief as far as palate offensiveness.

But I also figure when the big boys use five words....you know it's special.
Like Bud light lime shotgun edition......asking for it.

My imp

Reaction score
We used to have a bar that sold "schooners" of beer. The small was 20oz for $.35, the large was 36oz for $.55. We used to get "in the mood", for a few bucks, then hit a REAL bar, you know, where you drink with pinky's extende type of things. The beer was Labatt's. Another axe in forehead beer, but the price was right. It epitomizes the "Good things are not cheap, & cheap things are not good" way of looking at things. As far as cheap domestic beer went, I used to Weedies (Weidemen's), breakfast of Champions! Olde Style (for you Chicago boys) was a decent cheap beer that wouldn't require forehead axe removal the next morning!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Even overpriced import swill can inspire the morning feeling of an ice pick in the crown of your skull....Smella Artois comes to mind.
Tallboy #1=a Makita drill to the temple.
2= too hungover and hurtin to sleep it off...which is true pain.
This of course I've been stupid enough to do after running out of real beer.
Never again......

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There is a local brewery in Calgary called Big Rock. They make a beer called Grasshopper which is really good (to me, I'm not really a beer drinker, remember). There is also a beer that comes in from BC called Kokanee. I can drink 3-4 Grasshoppers no problem. I drink one Kokanee, I get a hang over for 3 days. I think a Hilti nail gun to the head would hurt less.

Kostas

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
What're you looking at for the price of your poison? I really don't do much bar drinking. Mostly home or friends houses. Bar drinking can get too expensive. Plus, none of my family or friends are going to pull a gun or knife & go postal! Smithwick's is about $6.99 a sixer, when it's on sale. As little as I drink anymore, I can afford to wait!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
What're you looking at for the price of your poison? I really don't do much bar drinking. Mostly home or friends houses. Bar drinking can get too expensive. Plus, none of my family or friends are going to pull a gun or knife & go postal! Smithwick's is about $6.99 a sixer, when it's on sale. As little as I drink anymore, I can afford to wait!

Bars are too rich for my blood here.
$7 for a bottle of the good stuff....not sure what domestic swill sells for and that's not including tip.
Tallboys which are like a bottle and a half are $2.40 at the booze store.
Better deal and at my bar (my kitchen) the tunes are better.

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Sorry didnt post the pix last night but here they are of the Octoberfest mix pack I kept... there was only one in the pack I didnt really go for but drank it anyways of course and now I dont remember which one it was! lol Oh and Tom Green even has a beer named after him... here is the coaster lol

There is a free phone app called "untappd" if you want to find your local microbrewers and real people feedback on thier beers... comes in handy when your real thirsty too lol

photo 1.jpg
photo 1a.jpg
photo 2a.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 1a.jpg

photo 2a.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
Bars are too rich for my blood here.
$7 for a bottle of the good stuff....not sure what domestic swill sells for and that's not including tip.
Tallboys which are like a bottle and a half are $2.40 at the booze store.
Better deal and at my bar (my kitchen) the tunes are better.

Ditto, when I rewired & hung new board in my house, I über insulated it! We would set up all the band equipment in the great room, have someone go outside to see how loud it was. When we turned it up loud enough for someone with good hearing could hear it, it was already WAY too loud! I know it's only R & R, but we did turn it down a little. Just to prevent sterilization! I don't know what anyone else calls them, but I called them "Jungle Juice Parties". Anyone entering brought a bottle of their choice, no beer, no wine, no mixers, just liqueur. Sliced up a bunch of fruit, mixed all the booze in, and totally adiosed massive quantities of brain cells! Those were the carpet race days (where you'd get so wasted, you'd see how much carpet you could vacuum with your lips!), definitely the days of my youth! Might be fun to re-live one of those parties. Just don't know if I'd live to talk about (or remember) it!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sounds like the blender parties we used to have.....
Everyone brings booze and we'd get the Dean Martin type lounge tunes going
Pull out the drink book and the blender and go through the alphabet.
Not sure if my liver has ever fully recovered.
And mondo hangovers.....but definitely fun.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I've been using untappd since Christmas. Really helps me remember which I liked and which to not buy again. Good stuff!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Even after all my years of experience....
It's mornings like this that I remember that regardless of what beer you drink
Having 50 of then will cause a four alarm hangover....

efriedrich

Reaction score
I don't drink piss anymore (bud, coors, miller ect.) so when I settle down for a few it's usually something dark and stout and never hoppy. Sam Adams and Newcastle are a few of my favorites. As for German beer its been a while but Lowenbrau and Beck's where both good choices.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I don't drink piss anymore (bud, coors, miller ect.) so when I settle down for a few it's usually something dark and stout and never hoppy. Sam Adams and Newcastle are a few of my favorites. As for German beer its been a while but Lowenbrau and Beck's where both good choices.

I've Lowered my brau a few times. :toothy12:

My imp

Reaction score
Try Smithwick's, not as heavy as Guinness, smooth, & for some reason, it seems I'd go broke before I got a hangover? I agree, I can't drink piss either. I've become a master of excuses as to why I don't want a beer. Also, I NEVER drink beer out of a can! I don't give a hoot what liners, insulators, special alloys, or any other marketing gimmick used, not for me thank you. When I lived in Fl., everything came in a can. If you wanted a bottled beer, even the lowest of bottom shelf beers came with a rediculous premium. Why? The state itself is the raw material for glass! It's not like you need to find a glass ore mine? Beaches & bottles are made from the same stuff, glass. But you'd pay a lot more for the privilege of not having that metal taste in your mouth. This aging carcass I call a body really doesn't have anything but memories of those wild youthful engagements. I KNOW I could never drink like that again, wouldn't even try. But, on the other hand, I can more than hold my own with my son-in-law & friends playing beer pong. Used to be a good quarters player as well. But there's no responsible way to get all of us together for a quarters/beer pong tournament. I'm sure there'd be more than one of us sleeping in the dog house after that!

tim berry

Reaction score
good read boys anybody from the Pittsburgh area I was working down there in the early nineties and bought back some I think iron city beer it had mean Joe green on the label reminded me of the stolen shlitz from my dads fridge

Back