What's Your Favorite Beer?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Mine is this fine German offering.
Brewed under the "Reinheitsgabot" the german purity law of 1516. Sharp, bitey, crisp. Ice cold you can't beat it.
It's.......delicious.

4ec17b8983c85preview-620.jpg

tim berry

Reaction score
my brother brews his own beers thats what I drink most of the time if I have to go slumming its Guinness cheers

NoCar340

Reaction score
I quit drinking last year, but my all-time favorite was Atlanta Brewing Co.'s "Laughing Skull". It came in a black glass bottle with a painted label inspired by The Vortex, an Atlanta hotspot, but they stopped making it years ago. I think it's still available under a different name, but since I don't have access to their beers anymore, I don't know.

I was also a fan of Grolsch, in the old-fashioned "The FDA Can Pound Sand" bail-top ceramic cork bottles.

My imp

Reaction score
Smithwick's made by our Irish brothers @ Guinness! Guinness runs a close 2nd. At the proper 45 degrees, it can't be beat!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I'm not a beer drinker (nothing wrong with beer, just never really liked the taste of it, but when I do have a beer, I like Newcastle and Guiness). Growing up in Montreal, there were some locally brewed beers that don't really get out of the province of Quebec. There were Le Fin Du Monde (End of the World), Maudite (Damned) and L'Enfer (Hell). Very high alcohol content (8-9% for the first two, 12% for L'Enfer). Looked real different than the large brewery beers, too, being opaque/cloudy. Tried Maudite once, definitely tasted different from the big brewery beers (Molson, Labatt, etc.).

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I go strictly import up here.
The domestic crap is just that.....crap.....IMHO.
Sometimes I do the euro tour.
Pilsner Urquell from the Chech republic, Moretti from Italy, and there's a slew of German beers that are just awesome.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Australian for "export". I have a friend that lives in Oz, and he swears no one down there drinks it. In fact, it's not even all that easy to find.

All the domestic beer drinkers I know up here don't drink Canadian beer
They all drink Coors light.

My imp

Reaction score
That seems to be a common theme around the world. When I was stationed at Travis AFB no one drank Coors. They drank Strohs. It's a Pilsner that I don't even believe is is business anymore. We HATED that stuff in Cleveland. We always said Strohs spelled backwards is Shorts! That & Genessee cream ale delivered the WORST hangovers I ever got! One Genny would do it. It's noteworthy, in that Genny cream ale has the highest formeldahyde content of anything ever brewed! You literally got drunk & embalmed in one easy step! Canadian beer doesn't seem to have the same appeal it did when I was younger. Molson was the number 2 beer (after Heinekin) with many people I knew when I was a young whipper snapper. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw anyone consuming a Molson.

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
I have made my own for just over 20 years but whenever I do buy, i look for a beer called Lug Tread from a local micro brewery. it's a little hoppier than many but I really enjoy it... maybe too much! :icon_pidu:

Beau's Lug Tread.jpg

Beau's Lug Tread.jpg

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Definately has a tractor! lolol

I took a tour of thier brewery and sampled many of the different beers they make and some of thier seasonal beers for Octoberfest. They have gotten so popular in the area that in the last year they have expanded two fold. Oh and they are 100% natural with no preservatives which is a big plus for me because as you mentioned all the chemicals added in most beers up here suck a$$ lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Definately has a tractor! lolol

I took a tour of thier brewery and sampled many of the different beers they make and some of thier seasonal beers for Octoberfest. They have gotten so popular in the area that in the last year they have expanded two fold. Oh and they are 100% natural with no preservatives which is a big plus for me because as you mentioned all the chemicals added in most beers up here suck a$$ lol

Big time.....
I don't know how a lot of guys can drink the domestic swill.
Instant hangover for me....
Man....I wish I could get your stuff here...
I'd love to try it....especially their oktoberfest beer.

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Well I tell ya then, next time I'm plannin on getting down that way I'll let you know and I'll bring some down for you.

I'm hoping on getting down to Dundalk (just north-west of Orangeville) sometime this Summer to visit an aunt and sure dont mind stopping anywhere along the way to meet up with a fellow mopar fan. Will let you know... I think I may still have your addy from when I mailed some rocker trim clips to you... at least I think it was you, I may have had a few too many of them beers! lol

It would be too early for thier Octoberfest beers though... they do have a great mix pack too! I'll post some pix here tonight for everyone to enjoy the artwork on thier lables.

My imp

Reaction score
Way back in the day, our apt. Had two nicknames. The first was "The Palace", 4 unit century house, resembled a castle. The second was "Jonestown", after a good night, there were bodies strewn everywhere! It looked like Jonestown! The preservatives are probably the same down here. You can drink good beer all night long & wake up with no hangover. But drink "regular" beer, even 1 or 2, & feel like someone buried an axe in the middle of your forehead!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well I tell ya then, next time I'm plannin on getting down that way I'll let you know and I'll bring some down for you.

I'm hoping on getting down to Dundalk (just north-west of Orangeville) sometime this Summer to visit an aunt and sure dont mind stopping anywhere along the way to meet up with a fellow mopar fan. Will let you know... I think I may still have your addy from when I mailed some rocker trim clips to you... at least I think it was you, I may have had a few too many of them beers! lol

It would be too early for thier Octoberfest beers though... they do have a great mix pack too! I'll post some pix here tonight for everyone to enjoy the artwork on thier lables.

Yep...that was me.
Hell man....if you're coming from Ottawa and I'm at the trailer you might have to come do an overnight in Madoc.
Beers and campfire....can't beat it.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Way back in the day, our apt. Had two nicknames. The first was "The Palace", 4 unit century house, resembled a castle. The second was "Jonestown", after a good night, there were bodies strewn everywhere! It looked like Jonestown! The preservatives are probably the same down here. You can drink good beer all night long & wake up with no hangover. But drink "regular" beer, even 1 or 2, & feel like someone buried an axe in the middle of your forehead!

Oh yeah....that's what happens if I have a domestic.
One beer and my head will split wide open the next morning....

Back