Wheel style issue

Edward Maack

Reaction score
I have a set of rims and one is got different angle on valve stem and flat lip by the spokes is wider on one then other can someone tell me y there different here are pic of the two diff style wheel thanks

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Picture of first wheel is of a cast 10 spoke. The second picture is a forged 10 spoke. The changes you see on the cast wheel (forged came first, then cast after) are to add strength to the cast wheel, which is weaker due to its being cast vs. forged. Most of the time, if the wheels are polished out, the forged wheels shine up nicer. I don't have any cast 10 spokes around, but I would almost guarantee that the cast wheels are somewhat heavier (although both are lighter than steel wheels).

Edward Maack

Reaction score
Picture of first wheel is of a cast 10 spoke. The second picture is a forged 10 spoke. The changes you see on the cast wheel (forged came first, then cast after) are to add strength to the cast wheel, which is weaker due to its being cast vs. forged. Most of the time, if the wheels are polished out, the forged wheels shine up nicer. I don't have any cast 10 spokes around, but I would almost guarantee that the cast wheels are somewhat heavier (although both are lighter than steel wheels).
OK makes sense

gregs70

Reaction score
Will the person from Delaware, OH who called me last week send me a PM? I lost my cell phone with your number on it!

Back