White walls?

LT512

Reaction score
The Hankooks that were on the car when I bought it are 9 years old. It pretty much seems that most all American manufacturers have abandoned whitewalls. I hate to go back with a Chinese tire again. There is some Milestars from Taiwan that are available, Ironman tires from China/Thailand and then the pricey tires at Coker. Seems like Cooper, Uniroyal, etc have all went blackwall. What are you guys going with now? I looked at old threads, but the tires mentioned there are out of stock and no longer made. These cars look much better with white walls in my opinion.

Camtron

Reaction score
I have Cooper Cobras, those just have white letters. These Vercelli tires look the part. I know they’re an American company out of, Texas but likely selling imported tires if I had to guess.

Vercelli classic 787: Classic 787 Tire by Vercelli Tire

IMG_7148.jpeg

LT512

Reaction score
"Thailand

Vercelli is owned by AOT, a premier supplier with 30 years of experience in the tire industry. Our tires are built exclusively in Thailand with state-of-the-art factories utilizing the latest engineering advancements."

Camtron

Reaction score
"Thailand

Vercelli is owned by AOT, a premier supplier with 30 years of experience in the tire industry. Our tires are built exclusively in Thailand with state-of-the-art factories utilizing the latest engineering advancements."
Yea, that will be about the standard

Camtron

Reaction score
American classic/Coker still exist and still say they’re American made. That doesn’t mean much for quality these days either but at least you know your money stays here.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I'm running used Coker BF Goodrich Silvertown Redlines with the redlines turned around. They were cheap. Some Chevy owner decided they weren't period correct for his car and chucked them for whitewalls.

There are a lot of people like that. Just keep an eye out and you'll find deals on tires from people with more money than sense.

LSM360

Reaction score
The Hankooks that were on the car when I bought it are 9 years old. It pretty much seems that most all American manufacturers have abandoned whitewalls. I hate to go back with a Chinese tire again. There is some Milestars from Taiwan that are available, Ironman tires from China/Thailand and then the pricey tires at Coker. Seems like Cooper, Uniroyal, etc have all went blackwall. What are you guys going with now? I looked at old threads, but the tires mentioned there are out of stock and no longer made. These cars look much better with white walls in my opinion.
I agree, the non Police M bodies look really classy with whitewalls, as they would've come with from factory. I hope you find what you're looking for.

LT512

Reaction score
Would 225/70R15 be too much on the small axle on the non police versions of these cars? Those are T rated for speed (not that I'd be going that fast anyways in this car). 21.5 lbs vs. 24 lbs per tire.

69-

Reaction score
Do you guys get the Galaxy Vitour WW in the US?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I could go either way on Whitewalls on anything but the Chryslers, they're a must on those.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I put white wall tires on my New Yorker again. Bought all 5 so the spare matched as well.

LT512

Reaction score
I put white wall tires on my New Yorker again. Bought all 5 so the spare matched as well.
I'm doing that too. I think the spare is 1985 factory. It sure looks like it could be. What tire and size did you go with and did the white walls stay white?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It’s been 40 years since Ive had WWs on anything, I think it was back in the early eighties when I purchased a set for the winter tires for my wife’s Maverick. Back in the day I had a few Chryslers and the steel wheels and wire caps that all came off and aluminum wheels were put on. Even now I wouldn’t mind a clean low mileage 5th with some contemporary 17” wheels and tires.
As time goes by finding 15” tires is getting harder to do the world has moved on.

Have you tried Summits search feature and looked up tires? They have quite a selection.

LT512

Reaction score
It’s been 40 years since Ive had WWs on anything, I think it was back in the early eighties when I purchased a set for the winter tires for my wife’s Maverick. Back in the day I had a few Chryslers and the steel wheels and wire caps that all came off and aluminum wheels were put on. Even now I wouldn’t mind a clean low mileage 5th with some contemporary 17” wheels and tires.
As time goes by finding 15” tires is getting harder to do the world has moved on.

Have you tried Summits search feature and looked up tires? They have quite a selection.
Yes sir, I have. I think you are right...the world is moving on and these old cars are getting left behind!

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I'm doing that too. I think the spare is 1985 factory. It sure looks like it could be. What tire and size did you go with and did the white walls stay white?
I went with Cooper 235/75/15's. Yes, still look like new. They are 4-5 years old now.

IMG_54481.jpg

Yellowdart

Reaction score
I put American Classic's on my Cordoba. Whitewalls are 1-3/8" wide, the same as when new. I Ordered them from Summit.

Back