Who Really Won The Wars?

Aspen500

Reaction score
For the most part around here, you rarely see any daily driver vehicles built before 1995, and not a whole lot built before 2000. Anything older is 99% chance NOT a daily driver. My Dakota just turned 20 years old in August and it's among the oldest still out there. Haven't seen a K-car in years, the few Neon's left are the last couple years of production. Oddly, some of the oldest ones still on the road and still in decent shape seem to be '98-'02 Buick LeSabre and Century. Don't get me wrong, you do see older cars on the road fairly often but never in the winter and rarely if it's raining either. Oh and, the domestic over 10 year old makes outnumber the foreign by 10:1 at least. Even considering the roughly 4:1 domestic/foreign ratio that were here in the first place. I don't care how good the powertrain is (and certain makes are excellent I have to admit), if the body and structure rot away prematurely, what good is it?

Kind of off the subject: Have you guys ever noticed when there's a car show or cruise, provided it doesn't rain :( the cars seem to come out of the woodwork? It's like there's thousands of them in the area but you'd never guess it until you see them at the show or cruise. Just an observation.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Kind of off the subject: Have you guys ever noticed when there's a car show or cruise, provided it doesn't rain :( the cars seem to come out of the woodwork? It's like there's thousands of them in the area but you'd never guess it until you see them at the show or cruise. Just an observation.

Every Wednesday around here.
You'd never know there were that many oldies around until it's sunny and beautiful.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
just saw a 1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (the one that is about the size of an aircraft carrier), white, with what I believe to the the original wheels. I don't know for sure, but suspect it is a survivor from some of the defects in the vinyl roof.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
just saw a 1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (the one that is about the size of an aircraft carrier), white, with what I believe to the the original wheels. I don't know for sure, but suspect it is a survivor from some of the defects in the vinyl roof.

Last of the land yachts.

Back