who sells OEM style Volare Aspen wiper blades Trico

volare 77

Reaction score
I am looking for a pair of wiper blades in trico for my volare. Who has them? 3799124 is the mopar number. They are 18 inch correct? I have some 18 Anco ones and they don`t lay down well on the passenger side.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Went through the same thing. I looked everywhere I could possibly think of, and even a couple that I didn't and came up zip. Having those black blades with plastic adapters looked like crap.

Hesitate to tell you what I have on the car but they fit and look stock(ish) being brushed stainless. They're actually for a late '60's Sedan DeVille. The drivers side one had to be carefully flattened to fit the glass contour. All that work for something I'll never use, lol. Anyways, it's an idea.
They came from a guy that refurbishes them, including new inserts and can't for the life of me remember who it was.
DSCF0007.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
When I was looking about 6 years ago, they had any size from 10" up to 22" (or was it 20"?) , all EXCEPT 18". Anco had silver "classic" blades that would have been semi-acceptable but same thing. One big problem is they used that same cheap plastic adapter (in silver) so they looked chunky and would set the arm out too far from the glass. They made any size you want as long as it wasn't 18". WTF??????????????????????

volare 77

Reaction score
Dr Lebaron, I should have said I`m looking for original style wiper blades in satin finish metal.

volare 77

Reaction score
Aspen500, I saw the 18 inch GM wipers on ebay that might work for the oem look. Some are crazy prices though.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I saw those also, yikes! The ones I got were quite a bit less (around $50) but as I said, they aren't NOS, they're "refurbished" originals.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I typically order them from parts counter, but I only use wiper blade inserts, and reuse the metal part. Mainly because I’m cheap, also because I don’t like the look of plastic (except for winter blades, which those are different).
Wiper Insert.PNG

Personally, I think replacing the whole blade (metal part and insert) is a conspiracy to get people to purchase a more expensive part.
BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
I have the ones that Aspen500 said he had on his car with the funky gray plastic pivot. I don`t have any original blades or I would just have replaced the rubber insert.

Aspen500

Reaction score
When I bought my car in 1987, the original blades were already gone, replaced with black ones. It never occurred to me to grab some originals at the scrapyard back then. It always has had the ugly black ones and with the adapters, they stick out so darn far from the glass (the arms I mean). I had put the same thing back on the car after the complete bare shell rebuild and suddenly, they looked horrible and the search was on. Settled for the Cadillac blades. Like I said, all that work to find blades for something I'll never need to use (hopefully). Also rebuilt the wiper motor and put new pivots and linkages on. At least it all looks nice and purty, lol!

The only time I'd replace the entire thing is if the originals get worn out and loose. On vehicles made in the past 25 years or so though, the inserts are generally not replaceable anyways. My '96 Dakota is like that so the originals are LONG gone. The '08 Mustang uses beam style so there is no actual "blade" to begin with.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Like BudW, I used the Trico refills, bought at RockAuto part #43-180, back in 2013 4 packages of 2 refills each cost me a total of $20 USD.

volare 77

Reaction score
Unfortunately, i don`t have the original blades. Anyone have a set of nice used?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for the “brushed metal” look or the “black” look?
Most F-body’s have the “brushed metal” look and most M-bodies are black – but that is not a hard rule.

I have a so-so set of spare black arms/blades (might be driver quality . . . maybe). I would think there is good odds of someone here having better condition parts for sale.
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to post in the "Parts Wanted" section (the only "brushed metal" set I have is on my wagon).

XfbodyX

Reaction score
If you could post an exact pic of the one item your looking for I can probably match it to some I have. I have several boxes of takeoffs from the last 30 years but I need to know what im looking for.

Is it just the part in this pic the arrow hits? Can you find inserts for that part the pic points to?

Me getting older and the mind being on the same page is a odd learning curve for me.

DSCF0007.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Are you talking about these?

All the filler inserts are shot though so they would need sourced, replaced.

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
X, Those are the ones I`m looking for. You willing to sell just the blades? I have the arms.

Back