who sells OEM style Volare Aspen wiper blades Trico

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Yes, since I know what your needing. Give me the weekend to sort through what ive got. Ive a few arms that have rusty springs that if the filler parts are good I will strip them off of those units.

Ive almost tossed them all so many times over the years but now im glad I kept everything.

volare 77

Reaction score
Great, I just need them to be in nice shape like the ones in the pics.. PM me

volare 77

Reaction score
Actually i have the trico blades now on the car but they have that funky plastic connector. I can take the refills out of them.

volare 77

Reaction score
XbodyX, any luck on getting the wipers blades out? If not i will buy the blades and arms you have in the pic.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I liiked more at the ones in the pics I posted, I need to match some up. If you look close, although they both say trico, they are a bit different.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
To clear up confusion.
Part A is the wiper arm (white line) which is the part that attaches to wiper pivot to the wiper blade.
Part B is the wiper blade (the metal and the rubber parts combined – part where tape measure is measuring). The blade pivots on the wiper arm and normally there is a "quick disconnect" (blue circle) to the arm (which may or might not be "quick").
Part C is the rubber refill for the wiper blade (part B).
10a.jpg

If you currently have nice and complete set wiper arms and blades, it is best to only replace the wiper refills when needed. Most part stores will want you to purchase the more expensive wiper blades – which might be OK for the newer cars or might be OK for winter blades (for those who drive during the winter time) – but even then, just replacing the wiper refills take almost as long (as blade replacement) and are so much cheaper.
Wiper Insert.PNG

The only down side is one will need to look at part stores web site to get the (correct) part numbers first.
9 times (out of 10) the parts counter person will want you to upgrade to wiper blades – don’t fall for it (unless you have lots of extra cash on you). The above part number came from O'reilly Auto parts website, and is part number 46-180 (Trico)

All FMJ vehicles use 18” long blades. A person can get wider blades to fit – but the 18’s have a hard-enough time working with the curvature of the windshield.
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It is confusing to me.
Why the metal part is called a “blade”, but the rubber part is called a “refill”. It makes no sense to the logic part of my brain.

Hey, if I get confused over a part – and I’ve worked around them most of my life, I can only feel how someone else can get confused about it.
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
If I dont have info for you yet this week it will be no later then Sunday night, Im in sorta a busy time of the year with my work so my car stuff time is spotty. I wont forget though.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ok, I will be at that shop this weekend and will grab them, is the PM on the item in your pic, I recall #s but not sure what they were.

volare 77

Reaction score
The numbers on the blade don`t have to match as long as it looks similar. The number stamped on mine is 3056160 CAN 63

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Hi,

The hot weather didnt break as predicted so I didnt make the jaunt to the other shop. If you find one great, if not sooner or later I will get there. The weather man says it should be normal temps starting tomorrow. It kinda blows im not more informed on the wiper things because I actually tossed a few as they had the numbers you posted but when I tossed them I thought the 63 was 68 meaning 1968.

I was looking at one arm I had here and couldnt even find a pn, about a inch up it has a poorly stamped or etched F, im not sure if that was how they id-d them.

Ive never felt so stupid over such a simple part id.

volare 77

Reaction score
OK, I got a good used blade off ebay for $15 shipped that matches the NOS one exactly. I believe this blade fits some Ford and GM too. The part number(not a mopar #) on the blade is 3056160 CAN 63. The NOS blade can be expensive too since they are a one or two year only corvette wiper blade. PS. If you do try and get some make sure the blade is 18" since some seem to be the smaller blade with some of the same part numbers.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im sorry I couldnt of been more helpful. I was thinking of the wiper blades this am while sanding on a car and it does seem it would not of been business smart to make a blade that fit only one car. Sorta like making a tire that only fit one car like ford kinda did on some mustangs with the TRX metric wheels.

Back