Window Motor Swap

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
In my years as an auto tech, found the majority of leaking sun/moon roofs had the drain tubes plugged with dirt and other debris. Like having clogged downspouts on house gutters. Of course if the seals are missing......
VWs have those stupid rubber tips at he end of the drains that love to clog shut

dm330

Reaction score
Good luck. No one makes them for these cars. You'd have to come up with a universal aftermarket solution.
I found that out over the last few years. I do fortunately have a classic and vintage auto dealer with a body shop outside of town who said they can help with that.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I found that out over the last few years. I do fortunately have a classic and vintage auto dealer with a body shop outside of town who said they can help with that.
Let us all know what you come up with. Almost every single one of these cars needs weatherstripping

dm330

Reaction score
I'll do that. I'll talk to my mechanic too and see if it's a job he'd want to take on. I wondered if using B-body stripping would work if trimmed right, but it's too expensive a project for me to want to try and fail on.

Aspen500

Reaction score
VWs have those stupid rubber tips at he end of the drains that love to clog shut
There was a recall on those to have the tips cut off because of plugging. There's no reason they need to be there. Actually, it's a 40,000 mile scheduled maintenance on Audi's to clean out the drain tubes. Unsure of other makes.

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
A P-shaped rubber list suits fine if you find it on E-bay 6.8 diameter on the top and around 20 mm flat. It is not a difficult job. Trouble may be to remove the roof but once you know how it not difficult

Til Ole J. Pedersen del 2.jpg

Back