Windshields

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
From https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/threads/introducing-new-member-j-body-driver.6360/ .
. . . Pilkington Classics in Ohio has reproduction tinted windshields for $270 plus $225 to ship to a customs agent in Canada . . .

A web search found http://www.pilkington.com/en/us/automotive/pilkington-classics .

Pilkington Classics.JPG

Note: I have no personal experience with this company.
BudW

Gator

Reaction score
thats awesome you can buy them .i should buy the one at the junkyard to stash away

Joe12459

Reaction score
Before these new ones became available, I bought two parts cars just for the glass, and two NOS windshields. It can't hurt to have a stash.

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Well I guess I LOSE sold mine because glass WAS not available in 2017...

8T2TOP

Reaction score
NOW if Walker/Maremont starts making cat delete Y pipe again...

Aspen500

Reaction score
What's odd is, the only piece of glass Pilkington has for F-body is the left rear 1/4 glass for coupe with full size window w/o tint. No right side 1/4 glass, no windshield, nothing.

8T2TOP

Reaction score
What's odd is, the only piece of glass Pilkington has for F-body is the left rear 1/4 glass for coupe with full size window w/o tint. No right side 1/4 glass, no windshield, nothing.
That is bizzaro...
Was just going to check out pilks site to see which Mopars can get windshields then I know which Cl ads etc to look at.. Because I MUST HAVE NEW GLASS..
* does insurance cover these Pilks?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Depends on what insurance you have but I would think, if you have glass breakage coverage, they would cover whatever brand is available.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
if you have glass breakage coverage, they would cover whatever brand is available.
I would agree with that. There is always a possibility they might want to locate a used windshield, but I doubt it.

8T2TOP

Reaction score
I did see they are here in Phoenix..
Also site says can make from NOS/patterns wonder what that costs? So then GLASS 4 ALL... Ha ha ha...

glennb49

Reaction score
Any one in south central Wi have a good used 80-83 Doba, Mirada, Imperial windshield I can buy??

LSM360

Reaction score
Be careful if buying new windshield. If it's the same as trucks many are finding new ones aren't as thick as originals and therefore not sealing properly. Although it might be okay with M bodies since they don't use old style seal like the trucks did and just have a sealant without any rubber seal.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Ths last new one I got was over 20 years ago and it was Mexican. I don't think they have as much issues as truck ones because of being glued in. I have heard of them putting down sealant thicker then they used to and they did that to mine so maybe there are fitment issues also.

kramer

Reaction score
Several years ago my Dad got a new Pilkington windshield for his 82 Mirada from Summit Racing but now I have an 80 Mirada that needs a new windshield and it doesn't appear to be available anymore from Summit, do they still make these or are they discontinued?

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Gone,I believe... I think pilkington went out of business...
Should be required to produce windshields for any vehicle.. but we Don't make anything in USA anymore so relying on foreign sources sucks..

Back