SOLD WTB: Cordoba LS or LeBaron LS or Diplomat Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Congrats on finding one! We look forward to seeing pics and progress. Keep us posted.

Here's a quicky website I worked up to document the journey from start to finish: http://www.functionbox.org/80LeBaron/. The first pictures are from the seller. I have purchased the car, but I have not yet figured out exactly how to manage a restoration from across the country. I've already begun to collect parts (wheels, trim, etc), and interviewing restoration shops. Stay tuned!

efriedrich

Reaction score
Nice lebaron, I think the two door 80-81 M's look tough as hell. I'm looking forward to the build.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Good Morning –

Well, it’s not such a good morning for me. The LeBaron was just unloaded from the carrier and I am beyond disappointed. This car is a parts car, at best. The fenders are rotted, the wipers are completely dead, the engine compartment is full of cut wires, the brakes are bad, the transmission is slipping, the interior is a grimy mess. The driver of the car-carrier complained that two chunks or rust came off the car chipping his windshield. Sure enough, the frame is swiss cheese. I’m considering this car a total loss.

If anyone is in the (California) Bay Area and would like a FREE car, you’ve got about 24 hours to get back to me. Otherwise, I’m sending it to the cursher.

(About the only thing I’m keeping from the car are the center caps from the wheels. Even the trim inside the car is too far gone.)

Severely disappointed,
Adam

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Greetings -- The car that I spent real money on turned out to be an epic rust-bucket. More work to restore than I cared to get into. I offered it for free on a couple of sites, no takers, so, it went off to the crusher. So -- I'm still in the market for an 80 to 82 Cordoba LS, or an 80 or 81 LeBaron or Diplomat Coupe. Looking for nicer than agerage units.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Man, I wish I'd have seen this earlier...that column is something I could use.

MOPARMOSTER

Reaction score
Adam not if your still looking for cordoba? But I have one if you want to know more let me know.............

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Hi guys. My search continues for a Cordoba LS. It's been 3 years, and I still haven't found the right car. Interestingly, there are a handful of Cordoba LSs on Craig's List right now, but they're all basket cases. There must be one out there, somewhere, yeah? The one currently listed in Florida looks too rough, gonna pass on that one. The one listed in West Virginia looks okay, but they guy seller is a serious stoner. I have concerns about the ..... odor. He's sent me pictures of the car, but there were a bunch of red flags: Wipers parked on the glass, seat covers, low-res images, etc.

Long story short: I'm still on the lookout for a Cordoba LS in great shape.

Later!

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have a line on a 82 cordoba but not sure if it is a LS. What is your price range, the car is a az car and has about 80000 miles and it is cream in color. I will know more tomorrow.Also from what I know it needs the interior redone, It is a az car so that is why the interior is bad.

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
If furyfrank's car doesn't turn out to be an LS and you have to keep looking, keep sites like racingjunk and Hemmings Motor News in your "favorite searches". There's a lot of non-racing stuff on racingjunk, and though rare you'll occasionally find one on Hemmings. Of course, HMN sellers often think they've got something worth a lot more than it really is but it's worth a shot.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Being in north Mi, then Ontario near the Buffalo border isn't that bad.

How about a solid, rust free L/S with a 440?
I've seen the ad on line, and happened to drive past his house yesterday and stopped in.
It's rust free, nice and all the corner plastics are there and intact.
We know all about J plastics.

He started at $8500 and went to $7500 quick for me.
It's Canadian dollars too.

I don't have the J ad, but here's his F ad with the LS in the back ground.
Email him for more info, pics.
Tell him Dr Lebaron sent you.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...le/1003260276?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

furyfrank

Reaction score
If the one I found is a LS it would be a lot cheaper that that. and nicer because of no rust.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Hi guys. My search continues for a Cordoba LS. It's been 3 years, and I still haven't found the right car. Interestingly, there are a handful of Cordoba LSs on Craig's List right now, but they're all basket cases. There must be one out there, somewhere, yeah? The one currently listed in Florida looks too rough, gonna pass on that one. The one listed in West Virginia looks okay, but they guy seller is a serious stoner. I have concerns about the ..... odor. He's sent me pictures of the car, but there were a bunch of red flags: Wipers parked on the glass, seat covers, low-res images, etc.

Long story short: I'm still on the lookout for a Cordoba LS in great shape.

Later!

You never said what your price range is .

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
photo a7c77.jpg
This?

photo a7c77.jpg

joeblo

Reaction score
I've got a 1980 diplomat coupe for sale. It's in the for sale section and in the restoration section, (Hemi Dip).

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
1981 CORDOBA, 1971 440 V8, Auto Trans, 323 Sure Grip, Power Steering, Power Dick Brakes, Appraised @ $12,500. Sell $8,500. Dave 289 280-0201 Hamilton Ont.

f1.jpg

or you can email through the F ad I posted above.

f1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back