SOLD WTB: Cordoba LS or LeBaron LS or Diplomat Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I think the one in pa. looks all original with low miles.

furyfrank

Reaction score
It is a shame that the one I was looking at was not a LS because the price would have been a how lot cheaper.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Though I don't think either car is worth the asking, if this was my personal quest I'd be more prone to go after the one in the Auto Trader ad. It looks like a nice, unmolested original. Buying someone else's hot rod is often problematic, plus if you don't like his taste in modifications or styling there's money to be spent undoing before you start doing.

joemac1j

Reaction score
Where are you located. I have an LS with a V8, 318 or 360, I don't know. Came with 4Brl carb (TQ). Has AC that works and all leather interior. Body is in excellent condition, but will need a new paint job. Factory paint is kind of a white, but not ice box white. All of the corner parts are in excellent condition. Has a "Tuff" steering wheel, and I have the factory one. I think it has about 40+K miles on it. I have taken some parts off in preparation for a dual four barrel setup. Aluminum manifold and two AFBs. It has bucket seats with a console, but the trans shifter in on the column. I also have a 727 for the small block. I have a cam, lifters dual springs and pushrods for a small block MOPAR engine. I can supply pictures if necessary. Like I said, it depends on where you are located.
I am 74 years young and this was to be my last car.
joemac1j@msn.com

tim berry

Reaction score
pm me maybe we can work a deal on a 1980 ls e58 car plus some nos parts . most anything taken of the car I still have. this car has no rot. I have had this car since 1993 it just turned 92 k.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and leads!

Guys -- Firstly, Thank you very much for the leads, I will check them all out! I've actually been tracking the Cordoba listed on Autotrader, and I'm sorry to say, the car is long gone, but the advertisement remains. The red/black 440 LS looks like a darling, and with all the resto-work, and certainly the engine, the price appears appropriate. I have concerns about importing such a vehicle, I suspect it to be quite a challenge. I may give the seller a call to see if he has any insight. (I sold my '75 to a Canadian fellow with no issues what-so-ever. http://www.functionbox.org/doba.htm)

Re Furyfrank: Thanks for checking!

Re Location: Currently in CA, but relocating back to the Midwest at the end of the month. (Location doesn't matter, I'll travel for the right car!)

Re Budget: If an LS in showroom condition presented itself, I would consider parting with $10,000. That would mean a car with working R12 AC, flawless buckets, a center console, un-rashed 5-Spoke wheels, a V8 that idles like butter, near-perfect plastics, and the faux-brushed dash bits would have to be in good shape. (I expect the trim atop the doors is broken, even on this near-perfect example.) I'm not sure the car I'm dreaming about exists, so I'll spend $2,500 to $7,500 -- but still looking for just a super example. Remember, it was dummy-me that sold this: http://www.functionbox.org/81Doba.htm (This is my quality-target)

And finally, I stumbled across this and am really thinking about it / talking to the owner: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4527424827.html

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
If you have any interest in the 440 one, I saw it in person on Sunday.
It's right by the Buffalo border.

It was a US car to begin with, so the border is no problem.

CMX360

Reaction score
My father would probably part with his LS. It's not a puff though.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Okay -- After several years of searching, I finally found a Cordoba LS. I took a road-trip to check this car out, and it really is a sub-10,000 mile car. It is remarkably original! After being driven so little, sitting for so long, it does need some attention: the carb needs rebuilt, and the wiper-parking-mechanism is rotted as the are known to do. It could use shocks, and the brakes are a little soft. The underside is clean and I couldn't detect any oil-leaks -- which is pretty remarkable. Nightwatch Blue was a fairly rare color for the LS, most of them were painted white or red. Once I receive it, I'll take a bunch of photos and give an update. http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4646400998.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back