Poor mans Hemi car.

joeblo

Reaction score
Alot of the paining done and started to put some interior back in so I would have more room in the garage.

100_0210.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0223.jpg

joeblo

Reaction score
As it sits today, got some of the front end, trim, and lights put back on. Then came winter so I didn't get anything done, but spring is almost here and I will be back to work soon. Still alot to do. Hope to have it running by fall and finished by spring 2012.

100_0233.jpg

100_0235.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Nice build!
Is that 2 groove crank pulley designed for use with a Roots blower? Seems there is a 2inch male register just waiting for a blower setup!!

old tired rebel

Reaction score
WOW. You really knocked my socks off with your build and that Old Hemi really sets it apart.

joeblo

Reaction score
The rear end just came back from the driveline shop, new bearings (no I did not use the green ones),clutches,seals, gaskets and is now sitting in the sun while the paint dries. Yep more silver paint,can't seem to run out of this stuff. Also had the spring perches moved to fit M bodies. Then it will be out with the old old one and in with the new old one,err something like that. Will be nice to get this thing rolling again.

100_0269.jpg

crayzcuda

Reaction score
:thumbsup:Wow!! Your build sure isn't for the faint hearted. You sure didn't take the easy way, you went all the way to a Hemi. There is going to be some pretty surprised faces when you start cruising. Most impressive.

joeblo

Reaction score
Got alot done yesterday, didn't take any pics because it doesn't look like I got anything done. Started off working on the brakes but that didn't go so well. Recovered the headliner, installed the seatbelts and the rest of the interior. put on some trim and seals, installed the gas tank again. A full day of little jobs. Now, what to do today?!

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Got alot done yesterday, didn't take any pics because it doesn't look like I got anything done. Started off working on the brakes but that didn't go so well. Recovered the headliner, installed the seatbelts and the rest of the interior. put on some trim and seals, installed the gas tank again. A full day of little jobs. Now, what to do today?!
Glad you did..it is so hot here that I don't want to work on any of my cars but I got to get going at night again when it starts cooling off...

joeblo

Reaction score
I would jump in the pool every couple of hours yesterday, today I think I'll stay in the a/c.

joeblo

Reaction score
Whanted to go with the Holleys but the distributor was in the way, so now it looks like I'll be using Edelbrocks. Still working on a bunch of little things like brake and fuel lines but counld not resist putting them on to see what they look like. Looks like I should be able to keep everythig under the hood with out cutting the hood, (it will be close).

diplomat 002.jpg

diplomat 005.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Keep it coming Joe..I sweated my butt off today working on mine...I took a huge step backwards..not much progress on mine..:computer:

Reaction score
updates ?

Nice build. I had an 80 Diplomat Type S that was the same color. I wish I knew how rare it was when I had it because maybe I still would. My car was a 318 auro with buckets, console, and was nicely equipped. I recently acquired another 81 Diplomat coupe that I want to make a hot rod out of. I am thinking of a Superbee clone.
Are there any updates on your car. It looks really good.

joeblo

Reaction score
Been so busy lately that I forgot I had a car, I have been doing some small stuff lately (ran out of money) and will try to get some pics up. The intake, carbs and air cleaners are on and look like they may even clear the hood, (fingers crossed), I really don't want to cut the hood. Painted the hood springs and underhood supports, need to paint one more coat on the hood and put it on. Hope to get all this done in the next week or so.

joeblo

Reaction score
Getting a little done here and there. Painted the mirrors,hood springs, fender supports, wiper motor, and a few other small things. Rear end is in and brakes are on, ( still no brake lines). Carbs and air cleaners on, (still no linkage). Started making water outlets for on the heads, driver side is done, radiator should be here any day now.Ordered an aluminum radiator for a 67 Nova, I think it will fit nicely,( fingers crossed). Started making alternator bracket, (still no alternator). When you have to make everything it takes a little more time. Should have been running by now, but I'll keep going.

100_0075.jpg

100_0078.jpg

100_0079.jpg

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
Nice build.........are you interested in helping me build mine......????? just a thaought. Nice job!

Back