Poor mans Hemi car.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
car has come a long ways since i last saw it, lookin good, cant wait to see it done

joeblo

Reaction score
I got the radiator. Anybody got a radiator hose for a 1980 Diplomat, 1957 354, bigblock Chevy water pump, and a 1967 Nova radiator??? I've search the web and can't seem to find a part number. Go figure!?

joeblo

Reaction score
I'll post some pics after I get the radiator installed. Looks like it should be a nice fit. I will probably make some braided hoses or something, haven't given it much thought yet. Any suggestions would be appriciated. If I don't have time tommorrow I'll get it in on Sat..

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I'll post some pics after I get the radiator installed. Looks like it should be a nice fit. I will probably make some braided hoses or something, haven't given it much thought yet. Any suggestions would be appriciated. If I don't have time tommorrow I'll get it in on Sat..
Don't do the braided hoses...if you have to use some RPC stainless steel hoses. Your car looks to good for the braided hoses.

:fart:

DCAspen

Reaction score
Try a coolflex hose,located in Wallingford Ct. ask for Jim

joeblo

Reaction score
Radiator is a nice fit,(67 Nova). The top hose should work but the bottom hose is a bit short. Also finished the water ports in the heads and installed the oil fill/ breather. Chevy one wire alternator should work ok, but will need to fab some adjustment brackets.

DSC04064.jpg

DSC04065.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
i like that radiator. how much did it run you? would certianly look good in my 5th with all the chrome

joeblo

Reaction score
Found it on ebay, company called engineered cooling products.Checking the mearsurements I thought I might be able to use the original mounting holes, but it was about 1/4" off. Not a big deal to drill some new holes. This one was made for a 62-67 Nova, and cost $250.00 with shipping. The over flow spout sticks out at a funny direction but again, not a big deal. I'm going to order a electric fan for a Jeep wrangler that should fit nicely. My car did not have a/c originally, I think a/c cars had a bigger rad support, Someone else may chime in on this.

6267Nova_PS.jpg

alf44

Reaction score
in 1 of your pics it looks like you need a rocker panel? i bought 2 outer rockers for the f-m-j- 2door from jakes auto body ( think thats the name--- find in in e bay under auto body repair panels ) i welded the left one on, and the fit and quality is very good,,, now the cost,,,,,,,,,,, just 25 bucks each !! they also have em for 4 doors too. ill try to post a pic or 2

alf44

Reaction score
rockers

$(KGrHqUOKjkE4sidQvVBBOOqBztgCw~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!k0E4lP7)cZWBOOqYetW,w~~0_12.jpg

rocker panel.jpg
cataloge pic of rockers and pic of panel on my car:wave:

$(KGrHqUOKjkE4sidQvVBBOOqBztgCw~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!k0E4lP7)cZWBOOqYetW,w~~0_12.jpg

rocker panel.jpg

joeblo

Reaction score
My drivers side rocker was real bad, but I made a new one from an old air conditioner. If I would have known that I could get one for $25 that would have been alot easier and better. Thanx for the information, I'll pass it along to my buddy who is getting ready to fix up his gran fury.

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Any more updates? This is one sick ride! You have a lot of guts going this far. I did it once, don't think I'll do it again.

joeblo

Reaction score
Antifreeze is in, oil is on order and should be in this week, trans fluid is ready to go in, ignition wiring is done, lights on the right side of the car don't work but that is a problem for another day,( I may have gone a little crazy with the cutters). Next project is the fuel line and pump, Then I may be ready to try and fire this thing up, (fingers crossed). I still have a lot left to do, but if I can just hear it run I think that may help my motivation, its been a long road but I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, (hope its not a train).

p.s. Its friggin hot out!!!

Back