The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score

Supposed to have high 30's for the weekend, low 0's the end of next week :(
Here's a prediction. On Tuesday or Wednesday we're going to get a trace to a foot of snow. Seriously, that's what they said on the weather this morning, lol! I'm thinking a trace would be plenty...............
cabin fever.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Freezing here yet again but still no snow so I can't really complain. Mind you they say it's supposed to hit mid 40's today. Here's hoping.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Almost maple syrup weather.
Cold and frosty at night and above freezing for the day.
Not enough above freezing for a thaw.

A couple weeks from now is Daytona, which means spring is coming.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Semi-sunny today and it hit 40(!!!!!!!!!). Lots of melting, for whatever good it's going to do us at this point in the year. Guess avery inch gone now is that much less that has to melt later on, right?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well here's a fine howdy doody. We're dead nuts center of the snow band. Latest is 10-14" along with the 20-40 mph winds. Starts tomorrow afternoon and goes into Wednesday morning. Can't wait for the drive home tomorrow evening. Note the sarcasm in my voice......
On the bright side, I've got Wednesday off so I don't have to go back out in that crap AND it'll give me time to clean it all up in the daylight. Hardly anyone wanted to schedule an appt for Wednesday and all but 2 of those that did, called and rescheduled today. The "boss" might just call the other 2 people and see if they can reschedule and just say "screw it" and stay closed that day. Not the way I want to burn a vacation day but, it is what it is.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well yeah, yesterday was the calm before the storm. Was mid 30's, not a cloud in the sky and absolutely zero wind. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! Only fly in the ointment was the fog early in the morning which causes "road frost". Basically black ice. Road looks fine,,,,,,,,,,,,but it's not!
Same this morning. About 30 degrees and foggy as all heck which most likely means it'll be icy again. It's coming and there's nowhere to hide.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Chinook brought a evening of warm temps and driving rain.
Well that took care of the snow and chased the polar bears back to the melting ice pack.
Not much hope on the ice roads this year.

Very spring like, but long term says 2 weeks in Feb is going to be freekin cold.

Aspen500

Reaction score
.............and so it begins. This morning they said it would hit Mosinee (where I work) about noon. Right on schedule, it did, and holy crap, it's not messing around!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Y
Big snow action?
Yep :( I left early to come home about 3pm and it was already about 6" deep and still coming down. Not impressed. Just glad I have tomorrow off! That way I can wait and do the snowblower shovel thing tomorrow morning after it's all done. Did clear some snow already but only the important area. You know, between the house and garage where the car is! lol
--- Post updated ---
The ground rat came out today and said early spring. It already is here.
If the rat doesn't see his shadow, that means an early spring???? If so, I hope he's right! Not a chance in hell he saw any kind of shadow this morning around here.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
They said it was a record high on Wed, but what record?

Before there was crust, we walked on the mantel, and I swear it was warmer all the time.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Chilly but sunny here today.
On one of my weather apps it says we'regetting 4-6 inches on Tuesday evening.....but I see nothing coming from anywhere on a map of North America.

We'll see......

Aspen500

Reaction score
Gray and overcast, light mist/drizzle thing again and high 20's.
Supposed to be 35 tomorrow, but random light snow and no sun:( Later in the week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,low teens for highs. COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Polar Bears.
'Bear was looking right at him': Close encounters with polar bears in London
Polar bear warnings issued after multiple sightings
What would you do if you came face to face with a polar bear in your kitchen window?

Kate Turnbull and Tim Coombs live in London and they know exactly how it feels.
The couple got a terrible fright Friday evening, when one of the large furry animals decided to drop by their home.

'It's getting a little bit too close when they start coming around your houses.'- Jeffrey Keefe
Turnbull said her husband was in the kitchen cooking supper when they heard a loud thump.

When he looked up, the polar bear was at the window looking in.

"That's when he sung out, he said, 'Holy, it's a bear … a bear in the window,'" said Turnbull.

"When he looked out through the kitchen window — the bear was looking right in at him."

Back