The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
All the water got sent here this afternoon. Just after noon, the sky opened up and man did it rain. The street to the south of the shop is a steep downhill, cut into the hill so it's basically like a giant gutter. The thing looked like a raging river. Went on like that for a good 20 minutes or more. Afterward, it cleared up, the sun came out (again) and great big steam bath.

This evening it's "air you can wear". Hazy clear sky, 80 degrees, 79% humidity and an air speed of exactly zero just after sunset at 8pm (which is getting WAY too early, WAY to fast). On TV they said the next couple days will be around 90 and more humid. MORE humid????????? Yikes.

On the bright side, they also said the weekend is supposed to be sunny, around 80 degrees, light breeze and very low humidity. Sure hope it comes true (big cruise Saturday evening).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's apparently what's coming here. Minus the rain of course. But it's supposed to be another round of air you can wear......can't wait. :mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, at noon time we're sitting at mostly sunny, 86 and 71% humidity. Not the most comfortable working weather...........

Aspen500

Reaction score
The thermostat for the heat over my stall (radiant) shows the ambient temp, this afternoon I noticed it showed 96. Got a 20" spiral blade fan on my tool box and kept the speed setting on 3, fast as it'll spin.
Got 92 degrees now but the humidity came down, all the way to 62%:eek:. Wind speed of course, absolutely zero. "They" say tomorrow it'll be warmer and more humid yet HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
May be hot and sticky but,,,,,,,,,,,my fingers and toes aren't frozen and don't have to go out in zero degree weather with -25 windchill to clear snow. Works for me!:D

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just entering the E-Z bake oven here. High 90's for the next couple of days getting gradually hotter as we go and that's without the fumidex....the shop is gonna be brutal...... :eek:

Aspen500

Reaction score
We had the hot and stickies this morning, and then the storm rolled in just before noon. Got one pic and decided it was a bad idea to linger out in the parking lot. You can see it's much darker to the SW and was headed towards us. The wind started kicking up and it was weird, went hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold,,,,,,,,,,,in a 2 second cycle. Got my ass in the shop and then it happened. Wind of 55-70 mph, according to the radio, came out of nowhere. Then the rains came, and came, and came. Freakin' deluge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again................ Not too bad out now, mid 70's and the humidity is about half what it was this morning(!)
DSCF0003.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
awesome photo. I love those big whopping stormclouds. Makes me really appreciate how insignificant people are here on earth in the face of big weather.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Pretty much how it looks here today, without the water view Kitcar has. Although, when I was coming across the bridge over Lake Wausau earlier it looked similar, just on a smaller scale:cool:
DSCF0002.JPG

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looks like a stellar day here if you ignore the fact that we desperately need rain.

Sunny and mid 70's. Perfect weather for that blasted Taste of the Danforth festival. Thankfully I don't live anywhere near it anymore......ahh.....undercooked pork and overflowing port o lets.....mmmm....

Aspen500

Reaction score
Looks like a stellar day here if you ignore the fact that we desperately need rain.

Sunny and mid 70's. Perfect weather for that blasted Taste of the Danforth festival. Thankfully I don't live anywhere near it anymore......ahh.....undercooked pork and overflowing port o lets.....mmmm....

Gee, that sounds awesome. Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to go:p

Justwondering

Reaction score
Just got back from a 220 mile round trip to pick up a new water pump.
When we left, it was 94 at 10 am
When we returned, it was 108 (101 in the shade) at 2:45 pm

The High needs to move on down the road.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
....And it just keeps getting hotter here. We are not this hot, this late in the year. We have not had any rain in over two weeks. Things are burning up around here.
FONr7S_5_Day_Forecast.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
....And it just keeps getting hotter here. We are not this hot, this late in the year. We have not had any rain in over two weeks. Things are burning up around here.
FONr7S_5_Day_Forecast.jpg

Sounds like us here. We're just about to get into another nuclear style heatwave and no significant rain in weeks.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I have wanted to wax Darth Car for weeks, but now is not the time to be waxing a black car.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Holey Moley -- its raining here. 8 pm and its raining.
thank you thank you thank you

Was down to my last 1500 gallons of water so this is good!

Back