1977 Dodge Aspen 2 Door Coupe Project

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I bought Alice a few months ago for $1900 and drove her home which is right at eight hours one way. Alice and I both had a pleasant drive home without any issues. Here are a few pictures of what has been done to her since having her. Floor Panels have been patched welded seam sealed and primed. I chose bed liner for floor paint. Found a nice complete front split bench seat and rear seat in excellent condition that will be going back in her. All her interior pieces will be painted all black to freshen her up rather then the standard factory blue. The paint I chose is 39143 SEM trim paint with some promoter for extra paint stick. Alice is coming together a little at a time. I will try to keep this post updated with project pictures of her as time goes by. Hopefully I can get more done with Alice when the wife has less honey do's for me to do around the house Lol. Thank You.

fgfgfgfg.jpg
fgfgffg.jpg
gfgfggf.jpg
ghghfghfgh.jpg
hjhjhjhgj.jpg
hfghghghghgh.jpg
gffgfgfg.jpg
ghghghghgg.jpg
ghgfhgfhgfh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gtsdude

Reaction score
Nice work! I am doing the same thing to my 78 on the driver side floor.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Door Panels and Repair

I spent a few hours redoing the inner door panels. I used some wax and grease remover cleaner some promoter and went with gloss black to match the gloss vinyl seats that will be going back into Alice. Just a little tip to help those out who are redoing door panels and having clip hole issues. Take a little super glue and apply on the back side of the panel go around in a circle where the holes are and where the clips snap into place. Sometimes panels tend to soften up and tear over the years are become weak but with just a little super glue used will give the snap slip holes a little more stiffness and hardness for the clips to still work for you.

dfsdffdsf.jpg

fdfdsf.jpg

gfgfgfgffgg.jpg

dfsdfsdf.jpg

xxx.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
All Interior Removed and Good Metal

I thought I would finish up getting all inside interior pieces out of Alice today. It was nice to see that all the inside metal is still solid and rust free. Less work is always nice.

111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

555.jpg

666.jpg

777.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

7777.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I always get more done when wife is gone. Plus beer is always a good motivator for me when stocked Lol.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Few More Things Painted And Half Wiring Complete

Well painted a few more things in the garage today since it was raining all day and got back on the wiring. Looks like the black interior option is turning out pretty good so far. No paint runs and thickly coated. Half wiring complete also. I went ahead and replaced the bulbs and sockets for the map light and ash tray since they were both shot and the radio. Have a few nice chrome pieces I am still waiting on for the dash to be complete. Then sound barrier will be installed and then the new carpet for the floor then hopefully here soon I can install the seats back in her and then get started on the next step which will be the underside.

gfgfg.jpg

bnbnmb.jpg

fgfgfg.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Me At My Shop In Kentucky

Little beer drinking and grilling going on Lol

dfdfdfdf.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Cylinder And Lock Replaced

Replaced the cylinder and lock in the glove box with a new one since the previous owner did not know how too. Key less so no more issues with missing keys.

11.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Polishing The Chrome

Most of the chrome I have is rusted on Alice. Lets bring it back to life. Shine is always good.

cc.jpg

dd.jpg

bb.jpg

ee.jpg

gg.jpg

kkk.jpg

ghgh.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Door Panels Make Over

Not mint. But look pretty damn good to me.:icon_thumleft: