2 Part survey: What draws you to...

Ed Dorey

Reaction score
My very first car was a 76 Volare. It came with a 318 but wasn't too long before it had a 360 with a 8 3/4 also. I kept that car for a long time. I kept the motor and it wound up in a 77 Power wagon. I also had a 72 Satellite, 70 Challenger RT/SE and 72 Dart. I wish I'd never sold the Challenger. I've always liked the style and sexiness of the Mopars over anything else. Now I can't wait to finish my latest F body and start driving it.

76volare.jpg

Ed Dorey

Reaction score
My very first car was a 76 Volare. It came with a 318 but wasn't too long before it had a 360 with a 8 3/4 also. I kept that car for a long time. I kept the motor and it wound up in a 77 Power wagon. I also had a 72 Satellite, 70 Challenger RT/SE and 72 Dart. I wish I'd never sold the Challenger. I've always liked the style and sexiness of the Mopars over anything else. Now I can't wait to finish my latest F body and start driving it.

View attachment 29079
BTW this was my 76 that I had when I was 16. These are the 2 I'm currently working with

rt1.jpg

rt3.jpg

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Dr, thank you for the Exner office photo, that's a great Chrysler Corp legacy you carry.

1. The improved NVH isolation of the FMJ cars drew me from 1960s Imperials (Y body) which were already a step up from ABC mopars for noise & vibration suppression.

2. The leather of a 5A is hard to pass up, the 1988 & 89 added some toned down interior colors. Those last 2 yrs also had a mostly galvanized undercarriage, reinforced K-member subframe, roller lifters, overhead console, and electric exterior mirrors. The prices are often surprizingly low as are replacement parts. My 88 silver-blue 5A and 77 Volare Premier wagon are great cars.

Last edited:

JLN5thAve

Reaction score
I have always loved the M body - preferably the Chrysler Fifth Avenue.. My pop - (grandad) owned two, bought brand new, and a '90 Imperial.. The newest and last car he purchased. I love the look of those cars, the feel of them, and everything else. Do I love muscle cars? Yep - but that is an unattainable pipe dream, so I will fix up my '88 Fifth, which was my pop's daily driver since purchase, one I rode in as a child, and love dearly. (May even fix up his old Imperial too) I see no reason to go to the other body type websites.. This has all I need. I have an account on ALLPAR but - I use this one much more. (Same name there as well)

I can spot the differences between the M bodies AND the K... The lines, the subtle placement of ornaments, grilles and etc are all different. I just really can't get 'into' any other car. If I did, it would be MOPAR anyway, as I prefer MOPAR over any other make.

EDIT - the third F/A in my life was a gold '87 my mother drove for years.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I think I summed up my attraction to the F's in particular in the old thread: The perfect F wagon is finally coming of age
I basically like all cars, but Mopars in particular, and 70's Mopars especially. I have owned several F's over the years and I have always had extremely good luck with them. I cannot say the same of the several Fords, and few Chevrolets I have owned.
The Mopars are distinctive in very subtle ways that really appeals to me. Things like the sound of the reduction starter, the vaguely luminous sheen that the vinyl interiors have - particularly noticeable on the green interiors, the font's of the gauges, the Pentastar keys, and something I can't quite put into words about the styling that is always distinctively "Mopar".
I grew up in a strongly GM (Buick and Chevrolet) family, but I broke ranks when at 18 I bought a '70 Dodge Challenger RT. What a thoroughly seductive, beautiful car! It was white with a black stripe down the side, black vinyl roof, black interior, and rally wheels. Oh, I wish I had never gotten rid of it. Another one of my best early cars was a '76 Volare Premier wagon with /6 and four speed. It was dark brown with butterscotch Premier interior upholstered in the "one year only" vinyl weave on 60/40 seats. Truely one of the best cars I have ever owned.
I also really like the "fuselage" styling of the big Chryslers of the late '60's/early '70, and would love to find a mint, loaded four door hardtop '70 Newport. It's sad that Fiat/Chrysler is no longer legitimately "Chrysler" IMO. The Chrysler Corporation I loved is a thing of the past.

Back