360 Magnum Piston Weights - Factory Balance

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the 500 inch build before stroker kits in the old car mag? They put a ton of weight in the welded up 440 crank. I could did it up.

And really I dont consider that vid I posted a high end balance job even though they got the weights close. But that how most shops do it and its fine. I use a small machine works shop that is not a race shop but is a highly detailed shop as they do alot of small aircraft motors to reg. motors to hp motors, ive just a good guy who listens to and does what I ask and he really loves his job and likes the stuff I take him, so to me its a win win andan extra win because the prices are decent and the wait time is never more then 60 days, quicker for me if its a a small thing.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I don't remember the 500" welded cranks but I was concittering a 1/2" welded crank at the time I ordered mine. I don't remember who had them but the thing I didn't like was the required aluminum rods. This was a street car after all.
Edit: it might have been Hank the Crank that had the welded crankshafts.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Edit: it might have been Hank the Crank that had the welded crankshafts.

I think thats who did it in the article and they said it was costly to weld and balance, like 350 or so. They used steel oem rods, I think chrysler but id need to look. Now I got to find that mag.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I used bushed, polished and peened OEM rods in my 500 only to replace them with H beams this last refresh. Those rods are going in a 13 cr 446.

Back