580K Backhoe Radiator

Darth-Car

Reaction score
upload_2019-5-15_16-50-17.png

Yep, here we go again. Thunderstorms Friday night. That should cancel the cruise in again. I just can not get Darth-Car out into the world for people to see him. :( If they can not see him, they can not realize they want to buy him.

Justwondering

Reaction score
You know Brian ...
I'm thinking I'm over thinking this.

It is way past time for a margarita.
It was 93 degrees today.
I just lost perspective and got caught up in the dynamic, ongoing war between humanoids and mechanical, inantimate objects.

I'm already well down the road of removing parts.
Friday my game plan is to release the two bolts and two nuts on the pump studs and see if I can pull things apart just a wee bit to get room for the belt.

I'm still stuck trying to figure out how to release the last 2 bolts on the coupler.
Its like there is some big secret everyone is carefully not letting me in on.

Darth-Car asked me to tell you that he doesn't want to leave.

JW

Last edited:

Darth-Car

Reaction score
There comes a time when all baby birds must leave the nest. Darth Car is getting kicked out of the nest! :)

Justwondering

Reaction score
all 4 bolts are loose.

but I've had a little setback.
The 2 dogs and 1 of the cats were having very little issue with getting to the car to go to the vet.

But one cat (Boudreaux) fought me the entire time.
I have two bites and about 15 scratches.
Trying to get him from behind the fridge but not let go my hold on him I whacked my hand (right hand) on the edge of the fridge and now my middle finger with the bites and scratches has a jammed joint int he middle.

Am hoping the swelling goes down tonight.

Treated with 3 different anti-bacterial (2 by the vet and 1 by my medicine chest) so I'm hoping no infections set in.

Every animal had its shots and checkup and all are back home.

Sure wish Boudreaux put as much effort into getting rats.

Assuming the swelling is down, I'll have the belt on and the radiator in place so I can finish putting in the wheel studs in time for the rain thats headed our way Friday/Saturday!
Yea team!!!

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I learned something today.
you have to remove all the collar bolts or they hit the inside of the housing and won't let the collar move forward.

Getting the last 2 out was a 40 minute ordeal.

Then I loosened the 4 bolts hold the front hydraulic pump to the collar shield and wrapped a strap around it to the front bucket. Cranked on it and got everything to move about 1/16 of an inch.

I need 1/4 inch clearance to slide the new belt on past the collar gap.

Missed it by 'that much'...

So my next plan is to dump the hydraulic fluid and unbolt the front hydrualic pump hoses which will reduce the tension and hopefully let me move the pump away from the collar.

If the collar is seized on the hydraulic pump shaft, then I'm thinking the collar will move forward enough for me to slide the belt on.

We shall see.

JW

Back