7.25 to 8.25 in a J

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I had the vent block off then had it blasted, then I bought some anti stone chip paint which took ages to dry. Brakes bleed, wheels on, just need to do an exhaust clamp up but kids just got home so car work has stopped! So close :)

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Results - Ok, I have been out for a drive! Its a completely different car! Its got a lot more get up and go and the jelly ride rear end has gone, still have the addco front bar to fit (still have the factory one on at the moment) Sits much flatter on the corners now!! Its starting to go real nice! So all these things are starting all come together, it sits on the road quite nice now!!! I will take a video at some point and up load it for you guys, will do an unofficial 0-60 run as well, hmmm that might be hard since speedo is pinned all the time! oh in drive under full acceleration it chirps the tires from 1st to 2nd, that's pretty good :) Just have a few things to iron out, my knock on wheels are not bolting on tight I think they are fowling on the balance weight on the drum, will look into that another day as I didn't notice it straight away so hope I haven't damaged the adapter.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
ok changed the drums off the 7.25 onto the 8.25 which seem to be better anyway, they have fins on them and are quite a bit larger all round, set up the shoes so just touching and adjusted the park brake while I was at it and now it works nicely! But 10pm now so bed time, been a busy but productive day on the car front! Test drive tomorrow all going well :)

IMG-20160723-WA0012.jpeg

8.25 with adapter, note how close balance weight is to teeth

IMG-20160723-WA0014.jpeg

7.25" drum on 8.25" rear now, note balance weights miles away and below the adapter

Justwondering

Reaction score
My my my -- Bruceynz, you must be having great weather to get so much done.

Let me say it is a pleasure to know someone else who worries about being squished. I use the wood stack, cinder block stack, jack method myself. At least until next time. My husband dug the jack stands out of the barn. I had no clue what they were so wasn't using them.

But he took time to explain the concept so they will be used when I drop the tank on the suburban to replace the fuel pump.

I wish our continents were closer. We'd set up a road trip to come check out the difference in the car. Looks awesome!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Can never be to safe under a car, a guy in my city got killed under his corvette when it fell on him maybe 6 months back. I try and keep my big hydraulic jack under it to but this time I couldn't as I needed the space to work so I put my scissor jack under the diff head. I am afraid if a car falls off the stands and your under it your unlikely to tell the story.

Yes I would love to meet up with some of you guys who have an interest in the same cars as me! But I am some 6500miles away, DOH!

Back