'76 Volare 4 speed /6 coupe on CL

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I just couldnt paint a F PC
No, that just wouldn't look right. There were a lot of nice original F colors though. I miss the days when you actually had a choice.
I think im gonna call this guy tomorrow and see how bad he wants to sell this orange and black thing.
Cool. If you get in touch with them, let us know about the car. I think it looks great, and the more I look at the colors, the more I like it. :)

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The oddest one I ever seen was a champagne pink R/T, I got a pic of it. There is a funky color like it on the chart I think.

Trey

Reaction score
Nice car. I like the white interior, you just don't see them anymore. I had an orange 72 Olds 442 back in high school that had a white interior and I always thought it was a sharp color combo.The only thing I would do to that Volare is get rid of the wire spoke hubcaps and put on a set of road wheels.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The more that I look at this car, the more I like it! The colors are just great, and with the four speed, what's not to like? Seems like it was well cared for too.

Trey

Reaction score
The late 70's were awful

Blasphemy! What other era could you wear these outfits?

77-8.jpg

77-17.jpg

These were copied from a 1977 JCPenney catalog, check out some of the other fashions of the day:
15 Minute Lunch: Strap in, shut up and hold on. We're going back.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
cb radio, ive a new one from 76 in the box ready to go into one
Very cool. That would fit it so well!! I can't wait to put the AM/FM/CB in OY. That along with it's plaid seats and yellow paint...even my grandmother would know what era it is from! :p I really hope you can get this Volare. If I didn't already have OY, I would definitely be after this one! I guarantee you will be the only one in town with anything even close to it! ;)

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ha in a little town of 80 its not hard to be the only one with alot of things. I live in a very sparse area, I can drive 30 miles to a town of 2600 and maybe pass 2-3 cars.

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00062.JPG

DSC00070.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
OH WOW! That CB is really GREAT!! Now you HAVE to get this special Volare!! Looks like the cows spotted the two tone paint already!! lol.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It's funny when I think of the late 70s I think of a certain slinky brunette that occupied my time.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Here is a couple local fixer uppers from the 1920-s some still have functioning windmills to pump water.

Last pic is of the "Big City" heavy traffic, but hey we got a 4 lane drag strip thats pretty dang safe, all we got to do is go close the snow gates.

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00071.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
Man,,,,,,,,,I can hear the QUIET from here!:eek: Stupid freeway, stupid non-stop, day and night, never ending traffic noise.:mad: Really wish I could afford to move.

Back